Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Spring 1.5" Squares Swap- Sign up deadline is 6/1/12 >

Spring 1.5" Squares Swap- Sign up deadline is 6/1/12

Spring 1.5" Squares Swap- Sign up deadline is 6/1/12

Old 07-11-2012, 06:19 AM

Thank you and as I just posted Mom passed yesterday, finally peace can be had. Of course one of the first things i said to Dad was can I have all of her house coats and night shirts for i want to make a memory quilt out of them. He said sure why not, you can have anything you want. I figure I will make one for each of us, Dad, brother, myself and my daughter. This way we all will have Mom to warm our hearts even more....

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
~carla i don't mind if you want to include my name if you received squares from me. as long as no one is asking me to make signature blocks of which i have absolutely no interest in doing.

~Shelrox what a difficult time you and your family must be going through. I offer my prayers for you and your family.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:15 AM

The last 3 days we have been doing hay and finished up last night On one trip yesterday afternoon I stopped and pick up my mail and my stamps had arrived I controlled my self all the way back to the hay field. Them could not wait any longer with the men shaking their heads I looked at all the marvelous squares. It sure gave me a lift to my day Now I am going to open them all and really have a good look. Thank you Marcia,Booklady,Judy-68,goldendog55,meanmom,Robin ,Boiler Barb,Twisted Quilter,Carla 79,leakus,Mariposa,Bonnie,Barri1,Nanax4Fraew,Arein n,Kelly,Girlscouts1,Havplenty,Mosher92and Ccarezone for her lovely donation.

Calra you can add my info are you going to fit it on a small square or put a bigger square in? I was just thinking about adding it on the back.

I also really enjoyed seeing how far all my blocks came from.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by shelrox View Post
Thank you very much, Mom passed yesterday and she had a look of peace on her face and what a relief it is. She has been fighting this battle for 14 months and now she can be at peace and no longer suffer.
that is a great attitude to have. my father too was fighting a long battle and i wanted peace for him also. it did come and he had rest from his struggles. it hurt me more to see him struggle so then it did to see him resting peacefully. my you and your family find solace and i am sure those will be some very special quilts.

mary
Old 07-11-2012, 07:53 AM

enjoy pink lady! you have more coming from me. a whole new bunch.

i am packing up my side swaps now so they should all be in the mail no later than monday. and this is a whole new bunch of fabrics so enjoy ladies.

Last edited by Havplenty; 07-11-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:58 AM

I now have two 12" squares sewn out of my 1.5" stamps. It was my intention to make a quilt with no repeats. I fear my memory will keep me from doing this. With all the lovely stamps I have received lately I think I have handled about 1,400 in the last week. Pretty soon I won't know if I have used duplicates or not. I have told myself it won't matter, but I would love to hear if anyone has a system for this.
Maybe everyone else just has a better memory
Old 07-11-2012, 12:54 PM

Shelrox, sorry to hear about your mom. I would give anything to have a quilt made from my mother's clothes.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by sew4nin View Post
I now have two 12" squares sewn out of my 1.5" stamps. It was my intention to make a quilt with no repeats. I fear my memory will keep me from doing this. With all the lovely stamps I have received lately I think I have handled about 1,400 in the last week. Pretty soon I won't know if I have used duplicates or not. I have told myself it won't matter, but I would love to hear if anyone has a system for this.
i gave up on the 'no repeats' project a long time ago. these squares are so small who is gonna see a repeat anyway? and besides that who cares?

but i imagine if you wanted no repeats you would need to sort your squares first before sewing.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by sew4nin View Post
Sorry, can't help you. Right now if I run across one that looks familiar, I put it in a dup. pile.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by shelrox View Post
Thank you very much, Mom passed yesterday and she had a look of peace on her face and what a relief it is. She has been fighting this battle for 14 months and now she can be at peace and no longer suffer.
You are also in my prayers. I do KNOW how difficult this is. <3
Old 07-11-2012, 03:57 PM

Maripose, I received my stamps today. I will do better next swap, on the postage. I am not sure what happened there. I am wondering if the postage went up after I purchased the envelope. Anyway as I mentioned I will make it up to you on the next swap. I would love the be in the next swap and 30 is fine with me. Also thank you to everyone who swapped and a special thanks to ccorazone for your generous gift of stamps.