Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
12x12 closed craft box >

12x12 closed craft box

12x12 closed craft box

Old 04-13-2016, 03:02 PM

I have several that I store UFO blocks in...love them because they are see-through and stackable.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:23 PM

I have 6 for my UFO"S. When they are all full I have to finish something before I can start something new. It has been working pretty well for me to keep me from getting too many UFO's.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:58 AM

I love my ArtBin Satchels. I use them to keep my projects organized as well a thread storage. I prefer the ArtBin version to the Iris version, because the ArtBins have handles. JoAnns will usually have them on sale (it seems at least once a month) for 40-50% off under plastic storage and sometimes they will put the colored (seasonal) ones on sale separately.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
How handy are the 12" square, plastic. sealable scrapbook boxes for UFOs or other quilting room items? I see they're on sale 3 for the price of 1 at Michaels today only. Wondering if they're worth the space they take up? Better than drawers?
I was interested as well, but could not locate the item on the Michaels website.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:55 AM

I have them with assorted fabrics and notions. They are great on the shelf because you can see what's in them. I have some with strips and being in this box reduces the amount of twisting or turning they might get from handling. But, for finished blocks that are waiting (?) or orphans that I was playing with, I use pizza boxes. You can write on the end what is in them and being cardboard i do not worry about any moisture they might have collected when being made (from hands or air or whatever). Most pizza places have no problem giving you a couple medium size boxes.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:00 AM

I have some and use them for quilts I'm working on. Then I'm ready with each quilt for different locations.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:35 AM

J's has these in a rolling cart, I think there are 6 or 7 high. I have two left over from my scrapbooking days, I may have to clear out the paper and add fabric.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by slbram17 View Post
I was interested as well, but could not locate the item on the Michaels website.
The original poster said that they were only on sale for one day.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:20 PM

I just purchased these from Michaels, they come in sets of 4 for 17.99, but you have to buy 2 sets. There is a 20% off entire order code SPRING41716 and 50% off shipping CUSTOMER50W. MY total came to 33.77 for 8 boxes.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
How handy are the 12" square, plastic. sealable scrapbook boxes for UFOs or other quilting room items? I see they're on sale 3 for the price of 1 at Michaels today only. Wondering if they're worth the space they take up? Better than drawers?
VERY handy. I have them in a 6 box rolling cart. It's great for my 2.5, 2.5 x 5 inch blocks, current projects, and I can roll it from machine to machine. I'm actually thinking about buying another.
It also doubles as a great ironing table for my small board, which rolls right along with the cart.
Attached Thumbnails rolling-boxes-.jpg