Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: This is all KellyPA's fault I am not sewing

This is all KellyPA's fault I am not sewing

I just had to make one. Her idea was just to cute to pass up.

Thanks Kelly!! I snagged a tv tray off the stand and here it is!

Chase
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I hoping to find a tv tray like that at a thrift store. I like cool ironing board.

I have a tray like that I guess I gonna have to see if I can give it a try.

I made one about 5 years ago and it was the best bit of a quilting notion I have ever put my hands on, it folds away so easy but when I am quilting it is there by my side with my magic travelling iron, couldn't be better. Would recommend everyone to make one, never mind the thrift stores just go and buy a good WOOD TV table, so easy to make.

A tip, what I did with mine was to make 2 covers from Pillowcase, put elastic around the edge so it slips over the top, easy to take off to launder, well you know what horrible stains and colours ordinary ironing board covers go!

LOVE it! Thanks for sharing.
    Country1
    Country 1

OK - I guess I'm the lazy one in the bunch. I've used one of these for a few years now but I just wad up an old towel to do my ironing - even on my cutting table where I do the bulk of my quilt ironing. On the little table, I use a wadded up towel with a small cutting mat on it as well, right next to my machine, particularly for paper piecing. And my SIL found the table for me at a thrift shop for $5. No need to steal one of my 'good' tray tables!

I have one by my machine and I love it. My sister gave me the table. Have an inexpensive lightweight iron with it.

Blog Entries
    I did one like that only made the top removeable. My son kept taking it off and using it for his side table so I gave up.
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

I picked up a set of trays a few years back for $1 at a garage sale. Made one for myself & a friend. DH used the extra wood/legs to make birdhouses. Win-win all around. Good for taking to class or a retreat if you want ironing space close by.

Watching it snow here on the High Plains Desert of Western Colorado
    Just gonna have to make me one ! LOL Thanks for sharing
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast