Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: This is all KellyPA's fault I am not sewing

This is all KellyPA's fault I am not sewing

I just had to make one. Her idea was just to cute to pass up.

Thanks Kelly!! I snagged a tv tray off the stand and here it is!

Chase
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I hoping to find a tv tray like that at a thrift store. I like cool ironing board.

I have a tray like that I guess I gonna have to see if I can give it a try.

I made one about 5 years ago and it was the best bit of a quilting notion I have ever put my hands on, it folds away so easy but when I am quilting it is there by my side with my magic travelling iron, couldn't be better. Would recommend everyone to make one, never mind the thrift stores just go and buy a good WOOD TV table, so easy to make.

A tip, what I did with mine was to make 2 covers from Pillowcase, put elastic around the edge so it slips over the top, easy to take off to launder, well you know what horrible stains and colours ordinary ironing board covers go!

LOVE it! Thanks for sharing.
    Country1
    Country 1

OK - I guess I'm the lazy one in the bunch. I've used one of these for a few years now but I just wad up an old towel to do my ironing - even on my cutting table where I do the bulk of my quilt ironing. On the little table, I use a wadded up towel with a small cutting mat on it as well, right next to my machine, particularly for paper piecing. And my SIL found the table for me at a thrift shop for $5. No need to steal one of my 'good' tray tables!

I have one by my machine and I love it. My sister gave me the table. Have an inexpensive lightweight iron with it.

Blog Entries
    I did one like that only made the top removeable. My son kept taking it off and using it for his side table so I gave up.
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

I picked up a set of trays a few years back for $1 at a garage sale. Made one for myself & a friend. DH used the extra wood/legs to make birdhouses. Win-win all around. Good for taking to class or a retreat if you want ironing space close by.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Just gonna have to make me one ! LOL Thanks for sharing
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

I have one that DH made for me and I love it.

WOW!!! That is SUCH a GREAT idea!!! Will I EVER catch up and make everything I want to make????? Thank you for the great idea!

Blog Entries
    You can buy these TV trays at Wal-Mart for about $5.00. You don't have to buy a whole set. The price could be a little higher now, as I got mine about 5 years ago.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

that is sewww cute!
    will quilt 4EVER

Quote Originally Posted by bepositive View Post
    WOW!!! That is SUCH a GREAT idea!!! Will I EVER catch up and make everything I want to make????? Thank you for the great idea!
    Thank KellyPA, I got the idea from her.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I love yours, and just saw hers as I am cathing up on the last few days of post. Great idea and now, guess what? Yup, I'm on the hunt!! Thanks for sharing.
    Patti
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.
    ~Mark Twain

Walmart has the trays for $8 now. Great idea. Thanks for sharing. I usually lower my ironing board next to me but I like the smaller footprint of the tray and it will be stronger than my wobbly ironing board.
    SewMomma66 - Janome 7700 named Lucy, Pfaff Creative Vision 5.5 named Ethyl, Babylock serger named Fred, and Janome 9500 named Ricky.

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    Shoot, I forgot about this idea....how could I??? Bookmarking (if I can figure it out) so I don't forget again. I really do love the idea.

Thanks, Ladies! I just ordered one from Wal-Mart and will pick it up tomorrow.

Did you put insulbrite in the padding? Thanks for a great idea.

I have one, but not as cute. It sits by my machine with a small iron and is worth its weight in gold for paper piecing.
    Miz Kyp aka Margie

Good idea, but not by my chair.

Having heard so much recently about how bad it is to sit for even an hour at a time, I have purposefully put my ironing board outside my sewing room door. Every time I have to get up to press a seam, I remember that I may be slowing down my sewing, but may live longer to do more of it.

what a great idea
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Quote Originally Posted by Material Witness View Post
    Good idea, but not by my chair.

Having heard so much recently about how bad it is to sit for even an hour at a time, I have purposefully put my ironing board outside my sewing room door. Every time I have to get up to press a seam, I remember that I may be slowing down my sewing, but may live longer to do more of it.
    This is my 3rd ironing board. I have a blood clot in my right lung so I get up every half hour. My husband has a DVT so I roust him up at that time too......LOL if he is at his computer. This is a convenience while at the machine just for pressing small pieces.