Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Anyone have their sewing table in the middle

Mine is on an L-shape table that makes sort of a peninsula into nearly the middle of the room. My cutting table had to go into the middle. It is an island that I can access from all four sides. Didn't really need my SM to be accessible from all sides, but I hate facing the wall as I work, and I hate having my back to the door even more!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/makeminepatchwork
    "Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

My sewing table in off to the side but I can walk around it. Great for cleaning the floor and finding all the pins. It also gives me room to work with a larger quilt.

Blog Entries
    Mine is in the middle, facing my design wall. I get lighting from the fan and light above my head and also from the window to the left. I have tried it in several places in the room over the years, but this seems to be the best fit for the space I have.

Quote Originally Posted by rilene View Post
    Mine is in the middle. I can't stand having a wall in front of my face!
    amen, sister!
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    An heirloom is in the eye of the quilt-holder! the stuff you accumulate? - takes looking after!
    A mighty mouse w a marshmallow heart, defender of underdogs, cheese brings parties together
    HUGGIES! ttfn

I have 2 sewing tables. One faces a wall and one faces into the bedroom. I work at the one facing into the bedroom 90% of the time. I find facing the wall sad.

Name:  P1000110.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  91.9 KB

I have a small room with a u-shaped table. I used to face the window, but now, face the doorway toward the hall.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5