Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Anyone have their sewing table in the middle >

Anyone have their sewing table in the middle

Anyone have their sewing table in the middle

Old 06-18-2013, 12:58 PM

Mine too is in the middle of the room due to limited wall space which is needed for storage. My room is small so I have to make the most of every inch.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:06 PM

My sewing room used to be a dining room. My husband followed orders, the table is in the middle. This allowed him to fill all the walls with cupboards. He ran electric from the basement and drilled a hole in the floor right in the middle too.

That set up was the only way I could fit everything I wanted to, into the room.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:16 AM

I just moved mine back against the wall due to space constraints. However, because my back was to the door and that's BAD Feng Shui, I placed a large mirror I hadn't known what to do with inside the window frame...it actually looks good and I can see completely behind me. Makes all the difference in the world!
Old 06-19-2013, 06:47 PM

My sewing room was once two small bedrooms and now the middle wall has been removed.The end of my table is against a wall under a window, there's an end table with an ironing pad to my right and a large closet (door removed) behind me that has shelves for fabric. I put a movable table with a revolving cutting mat on it just in front of that so I can turn to my side to iron and just continue the turn if I want to cut something. The main cutting table is in the middle of the room where I can walk completely around it. the other end of the room has supplies for other crafts. I use daylight bulbs throughout the house and there's a 4 ft one over my sewing chair so it lights what I'm sewing, ironing or cutting.

Last edited by jeaninmaine; 06-19-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:58 PM

Yep, mine is right in the middle of the room directly under the light. I have a window to my back for more light and I face the door so no one can sneak up on me. Wouldn't want to be startled and sew a finger.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:23 AM

Why are there no pictures of your rooms? It is somewhat difficult to imagine your spaces. We always see our own...please next time can you add a picture?
Old 06-23-2013, 08:57 AM

My sewing machine table is at a right angle to the picture window wall, facing my design wall. Cutting table is three steps to the left, ironing table (big ironing padded board on top on a chest of drawers) a few steps to the right. Also have a wooden TV tray covered with batting and home dec. fabric that I can move around when I need it. If you don't have one of these I highly recommend them! I found four TV trays at a yard sale for $7 total and made some for my friends too.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanniebeanie View Post
Why are there no pictures of your rooms? It is somewhat difficult to imagine your spaces. We always see our own...please next time can you add a picture?
Here is a picture showing my setup.
Attached Thumbnails img_0921.jpg  
Old 06-30-2013, 03:19 PM

Mine is sort of in the middle. I share the upstairs room with our stored stuff since we have no basement. The walls slant due to the house design (barn shaped) If I had my machine table flush with the wall, my head would likely hit the wall. My sewing space is U shaped - sewing machine table, work table, pressing center. Oh, and my tv. LOL
Old 06-30-2013, 03:53 PM

For years mine was against the wall. It drove me crazy that my quilts were getting scrunched up against the wall when I was sewing them together. When I planned my new room I made sure it the sewing table was in the middle of the room. LOVE it. This is an old pic from 2008 when it was first finished - the room is filled up with quilt stuff now, and is a rip-roarin' mess! There are two places to sit, one for the machine and one for the serger (which rarely gets used), with drawers in-between.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]421932[/ATTACH]

If I ever get around to cleaning up the room, someday maybe I'll be brave and post some pictures of it!
Attached Thumbnails sewing-room-5.gif