Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9

Thread: bed runners

Sorry to be so late with this post, but I LOVE your idea of adding a piece of coordinating fabric to your curtains!!! Using buttons sounds terrific and I may 'steal' your idea!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliebelle
    Sorry to be so late with this post, but I LOVE your idea of adding a piece of coordinating fabric to your curtains!!! Using buttons sounds terrific and I may 'steal' your idea!!!
    ENJOY!!! :P

Blog Entries
    http://www.connectingthreads.com/cfT...Leslee%20Evans

VERY NICE! THANKS FOR POSTING, GREAT FAST QUICK IDEAS....

Possibilities has a couple of books out - Toppers and Toppers II that have 'toppers' for your bed pillows. In some of the pics they used them on the back of couches.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonnie View Post
    This is probably "WA_A_A_AY" out there but, for myself, if I use the idea of changing the bedroom colors from time to time, I'm, also, thinking about adding a coordinating strip maybe 2" in from the front edges on my white curtains and attaching it with snaps (?), velcro (?), buttons (now THERE's a thought)and the strip could be changed periodically as well as the bed runner and pillow cases
    I have thought of this same idea for lots of home dec...you could also use snap tape if the fabric was a bit stiffened - just the decorative add-on fabric.

Thank you for sharing. The tutorial from the crooked nickel is great. Will have to try this soon.

Rob Peter to Pay Paul Quilt Runner

I finished this Quilt Runner (aka, Bed Runner) for my Neice's wedding in October
    (final threads snipped 2 days before it flew to Colorado Springs!)

Not only did this combine 2 pretty "dotted" fabrics, I found the backing fabric "after the fact" and bought all they
    had left. When I was laying out the top, I realized I needed not quite a half yard more! So I hit the "stash" and
    did a little creative piecing. Then onto the Flynn quilt frame and started my FIRST Free-Motion Quilting project.

I am either Brave or Crazy or some combination of both! I can see the boo-boo's, but I'm still proud of the
    finished product.

Finished size, approx. 38" x 88" (yes, it's bigger than my plan!)
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9