Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
bobbin thread storage question >

bobbin thread storage question

bobbin thread storage question

Old 06-30-2013, 05:53 AM

I use the Matchbox (tiny cars) storage container that can be bought at Walmart in the toy section. The sections are big enough for the spool of matching thread and bobbin. Also the cases will fit in a rolling cart when you remove the drawers that came in it and I can set it under the "L" extension on my sewing table. I have them sorted by color.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:08 AM

I use the hanging wood spool racks that you can get at Joann's. I put the bobbin on the peg first, and then the spool of the thread on top of it. You could probably put 2 bobbins under the spool.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:52 AM

I use the bobbin saver (rings) too, and have purple, blue, red, and even though my "M" bobbins are a little big for it, I use them for my long arm quilting machine too. keeps them from rolling around, and the nice part is that the colors of the bobbins can be organized together on the ring. This really helps me when I am using my regular machines or my juki 2010 because I tend to have regular thread and bottom line thread in the same colors that might be on a bobbin.

Originally Posted by feffertim View Post
Use the product called 'Bobbin Saver" You can see them on Amazon and they are great. Very inexpensive, easy to store, nothing comes unwound, and you can use the different colors for different machines. I have several and would never use anything else.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:00 AM

My bobbins come in a "jar" that has a screw on lid. Each container holds a different type of bobbin -- Bottom Line, Quilting, Sewing, Embroidery, etc. Works for me.