Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Comic board wrapped with fabric. >

Comic board wrapped with fabric.

Comic board wrapped with fabric.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:58 AM

I'll admit that we just moved into a new house last fall so I did it as I put stuff away in the new house. I don't know if I could have just pulled my stash, measured it all, and reorganized it just to do it.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
I am a little bit concerned about the paper clips. I've had them get rusty and stain things.
I agree, I have had both straight pins and paper clips rust on me with no moisture in the air. Now I wrap them with strips cut from the clear tablecloth vinyl.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

When I purchase the fabric it goes straight to the washer for a hot prewash. When it comes out of a hot dryer, it gets pressed and put on the board right after it's measured.
Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Nothing wrong with sharing fabric storage tips. All is appreciated. Some may not work for others but there will be the tiniest tip that some one will run with. I use comic boards all the time. I usually just pin a post it note on the fabric to let me know how much is there atleast a yard goes on a comic board. I put as much as 3 yards on a board. If more I use another board and clip to the first on the board not the fabric. If I have much more than that i have the bolt boards the fabric came on. Fabric Iget from estate/garage sales if atleast a yard go on comic boards also. Smaller pieces (scrap size) go into scrap boxes (clear).
Old 08-29-2014, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

I keep my beeswax for my needles nearby and run the straight pins across. Helps to keep them from rusting. I haveno rust spots on my fabric so far.
Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I agree, I have had both straight pins and paper clips rust on me with no moisture in the air. Now I wrap them with strips cut from the clear tablecloth vinyl.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:30 PM

Over a year ago I spent much money on the comic book backer boards and some cabinets. Took all those fabrics out of tote boxes and put them on the boards. Wow, that was a big job - too many years of buying too much fabric! During the process I also donated to my local senior citizen hall and local quilt shop. That was the best move I ever made as far as organizing my yardage. Now, if I could just reduce my precuts!! PS - found my backer boards on Amazon much cheaper than anywhere else.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:35 PM

The only reason I put my yardage on comic book backer boards was because I was looking at tons of totes with lots of fabric. If you have a small stash - maybe not necessary. I still have way too many fabrics and I still donate to my senior ladies. But this is one way to keep your fabrics organized!
Old 08-31-2014, 03:11 PM

I never heard of comic board. I'm going to have to look into this. Thanks for the tip.