Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Comic Boards

I use the boards and 5 yards should be fine.

Red face

I was lucky enough to find a comic book store 20 minutes away and he gave me a really good price - $30/300. I'm a happy camper....um quilter!
    And no, it wasn't enough. I have to go back for more.....

Blog Entries
    If you do decide to use the foam board for some of your larger pieces, you can buy it at the $ stores & cut yourself. I use a rotary cutter & use an old blade that is no longer sharp enough for fabric. Works really well. You will have fun rediscovering what you have.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

Thanks for posting this thread. I have been wondering what to use and where to get them. Love this board.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I really need to do this also!

What size board do you use..I noticed that there are different sizes..

Blog Entries
    I have 6 yards on one board. 3 pieces but still 6 yards. I found that the board stabilizes the fabric. It's not going anywhere. All the fabric around each other helps to hold it up. I my boards at the comic book shop for $9.95/100. The mgr. says a lot of quilters pick them up. I have some upholstery fabrics and I use the cardboard rolls from the foil for grilling and adhesive back for freezer wrap.

Thank you everyone for all of your great information and ideas. I'm hoping to get organized enough to easily see what I have. 5 yds isn't too much of an investment until I find a second (or third) 5yd piece. At least I know I must really like that fabric. Now for the UFOs.

Quote Originally Posted by nana2madmax View Post
    I have done up to 5 yards with success.
    After wrapping more than 1000 pieces of fabric on comic book boards, I can say that I have done 5+ yards, but not 6. I'm still wrapping and still putting stuff back into the room. I LOVE the comic boards. The fabric is so neat and I can see all of it! I kind of feel like King Midas, "Fabric, fabric, and it's all mine!" LOL

I have been organizing my fabric on the comic book boards and it is making a big difference (although I am returning the fabric to plastic containers until I purchase cabinets). The idea came from this Board! I just put 6 yards on one and it worked great. I do hope to get my sewing area organized by the end of summer ... we will see!! The c.b. boards are a great way to organize the fabric so you can see what you have.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast