Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Fat Quarter Storage-how do you do it?

I've been having fun rolling my FQ and then tying with about 8" strip of scrap. I then prop them up in a cute container on top of a short bookcase (used for fabric). I keep it away from the window but in plain view as I find it very cheery.

I bought some cutesy hatbox looking things at Joanns/Michaels, can't remember offhand, and I'm using those. Keeps any dust off and I can shove them under the table if they start getting in the way. I'm debating a cart that I can slide under the table though.

Carroll, Iowa
    I use shoe box plastic containers separating them by colors and keep them under my cutting table as I added a shelf for that purpose.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer 1, Babylock Ellegante
    Babylock Evolve, Elna 945
    Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Spring, Texas
    I picked up one of those wire shelves that is made to hold spices or something inside of your cupboards. I couldn't get my folded material to go in because I have it on Easy Cores, so I just mounted them on the inside of my stash linen type closet backwards. They worked perfectly. I stacked two, but the door would probably hole 4 racks.

Clay Springs AZ
    Dollartree is my go to store for storage. My fats are in baskets by color then on a cheap bookcase.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Shelbyville TN
    I'm using a shoe organizer. I cleaned up a shoe organizer from our mud room and it fit in my fabric bookshelf perfectly (after removing one shelf). My vintage sheet collection is on the shelf above.
    Name:  vintagesheets1.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  439.2 KB

One hole can hold six jelly rolls! Best of all I can see my stash.
    Name:  jellyroll.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  245.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by peacefulquilting View Post
    This is an example of what I use to store fat quarters. You can get them at Lowe's Home Improvement stores for about $30. They're pretty heavy, so get someone to help you if you have problems carrying heavy items. Good luck with your space!
    I have one of these as well that I got at Lowe's. Mine is white and has 25 cubbies instead of just 15. I just bought it a couple of months ago, and it was $34.99. Hope this helps! :c)

"Some days it's just not worth it to chew through the leather straps."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4