Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Fat Quarter Storage-how do you do it?

My FQ's are kept in bins and tins (to protect from light and dust) on open shelving.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've been having fun rolling my FQ and then tying with about 8" strip of scrap. I then prop them up in a cute container on top of a short bookcase (used for fabric). I keep it away from the window but in plain view as I find it very cheery.

I bought some cutesy hatbox looking things at Joanns/Michaels, can't remember offhand, and I'm using those. Keeps any dust off and I can shove them under the table if they start getting in the way. I'm debating a cart that I can slide under the table though.

I use shoe box plastic containers separating them by colors and keep them under my cutting table as I added a shelf for that purpose.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer 1
    Babylock Ellegante
    Babylock Evolve
    Elna 945 and Innova 26" LS

I picked up one of those wire shelves that is made to hold spices or something inside of your cupboards. I couldn't get my folded material to go in because I have it on Easy Cores, so I just mounted them on the inside of my stash linen type closet backwards. They worked perfectly. I stacked two, but the door would probably hole 4 racks.

Dollartree is my go to store for storage. My fats are in baskets by color then on a cheap bookcase.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm using a shoe organizer. I cleaned up a shoe organizer from our mud room and it fit in my fabric bookshelf perfectly (after removing one shelf). My vintage sheet collection is on the shelf above.
    Name:  vintagesheets1.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  439.2 KB

One hole can hold six jelly rolls! Best of all I can see my stash.
    Name:  jellyroll.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  245.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by peacefulquilting View Post
    This is an example of what I use to store fat quarters. You can get them at Lowe's Home Improvement stores for about $30. They're pretty heavy, so get someone to help you if you have problems carrying heavy items. Good luck with your space!
    I have one of these as well that I got at Lowe's. Mine is white and has 25 cubbies instead of just 15. I just bought it a couple of months ago, and it was $34.99. Hope this helps! :c)

Donna
    DonnaFreak

"Some days it's just not worth it to chew through the leather straps."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4