Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Got New Toys need to reorganize and Clean

Red face Got New Toys need to reorganize and Clean

Couple of weeks ago, my husband got me a new sewing cabinet and my sewing machine went to the shop to be tuned up. So what to do but straighten up and re organize my sewing room.Name:  Work Space Before.JPG
Views: 2547
Size:  87.7 KB Name:  Bed Before.JPG
Views: 2445
Size:  83.7 KBThis is before I straighted up. I have my little piles of projects or tubs. Name:  Projects Stacked.JPG
Views: 2432
Size:  79.5 KB I have a good large room with lot of built-in storage. Name:  Floor Plan.JPG
Views: 2592
Size:  24.3 KB I can do alot with. I placed the new sewing cabinet in the center of the room because that is where the best light is. Name:  New Cabinet Front.JPG
Views: 2521
Size:  76.7 KBI have my cutting table next to the left of my machine so it can be quick for trimming and layout of blocks. I got a cubby shelves in the storage room to keep my project tubs neater. (I only have about 9 to 12 projects in the planning to almost done stages.)Name:  New Cubbies for Project Tubs.JPG
Views: 2483
Size:  69.3 KB I have an old Hoosier Cabinet I have always used as my "Sewing Box." It holds my thread, doodads, trims, etc... With all the shelves and drawers, it is really handy. Name:  Hoosier Cabinet_Sewing Box.JPG
Views: 2560
Size:  76.3 KB I had a quilt frame giving to me, I plan on putting it at the end of the bed. The bed may end up in another room but we are trying to keep it up stairs at this time. Name:  Where the quilt frame will sit.JPG
Views: 2533
Size:  40.9 KB Here are some other pictures of my room. Name:  My Stash.JPG
Views: 2439
Size:  39.4 KBName:  WorkSpace back.JPG
Views: 2472
Size:  41.2 KBThanks for all the others on this site that shared their pictures and organizing tips that helped me alot. Phannie

You have such a wonderful space and what a keeper your DH is for the sewing cabinet!

Blog Entries
    Love your new sewing cabinet, you have a great space for creating quilts.
    Enjoy!
    Veronica

Blog Entries
    It looks wonderful! I'm so jealous of all your space!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Nothing like a new "toy" to motivate you, huh? Congrats on doing a great job!

You've incorporated so many great organizing ideas in your sewing room. :-) I hope you receive many hours of contentment and inspiration in this beautiful space....

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    Looks like you've been busy. I love the new cabinet and the old one! Tell your DH that he set the bar high for other DH's. lol Enjoy your new space and thanks for sharing. I love looking at other people's studios.

What a wonderful sewing room. Great new cabinet! It does need a little organizing. Clutter doesn't bother some, it drives me crazy. LOL I wish I had your large room. If you were a little closer I'd be glad to come over and help you.

Very very nice!! You did a great job of organizing things, and its looks like the perfect spot to start quilting !!
    Amythyst

Very nice setup. Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast