Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Imagine my surprise!

I have the same. There are a lot of blues and greens and very little ornage and purple. I think it is because it is hard to find good shades of those colors and once I have some I tend to use it.
    Anna Quilts

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Ahhh .. technology ! supposed to help us all- a paperless world I was told years ago in High School when learning about computers !! lol Still not paperless, and still not having fun with technology !LOL

I have been organizing and re-organizing my sewing area for about a month. I think I like it one way and endd up with it another way !LOL .. sigh .. Maybe I will get some quilting done (I have blocks cut out !LOL that is a good thing!LOL)
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Can't wait to see pics.
    Country1
    Country 1

I love hearing what everyone else has in their stash. I started organizing green yesterday. I know I read someone else's post about greens. Every shade imaginable. I have some UGLY greens in there (would I have actually bought them? Do they reproduce at night from other colors to morph into these ugly colors? Who knows...)

orangeroom - yes! let's be non-tech savvy friends. That's so funny about your avatar! All my family does is laugh at me and my troubles...

Blog Entries
    All I have is scraps left from a asked for quilt of purples-I have lots of different teals -greens and blues from Batiks to plain and everything in between. Pinks and purples are colors I don't buy unless I have a request from some one special

I find it is always a good thing to go through my fabric occasionally - it is surprising what I forget I have!

We never seem to have enough of certain colors or lines of fabric, and that is what keeps me shopping. I collect civil war, and try to have a good selection of various colors of small cuts for scrappy piecing, which I love to do. Nice to know what to look for, when shopping for therapy, or our stash could get way out of control.
    Each day is a blessing, so do something you love each day.

I have a significant stash and I love it. A whole book case of green, it's nature's neutral. It's very hard for me to call a quilt finished without green. As for purple, my second favorite and I always look for purples while shopping. I'd like more purple, but can't justify it. I have way too many blue. What to do?

When shopping at a fabric store, I go around the store 3x. The first is pure pleasure, whatever I like is pulled out. The second trip I search for really lights and really darks. The third pass is to find what I came in for. When all is collected I start narrowing it down to what I'm willing to spend. Oh, I forgot the books, notions, sale tables, samples..........and on and on.
    Name:  south wall alcove fabric.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  1.70 MBName:  north wall fabric.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  1.74 MB

I seem to have a well balanced stash, whch to me means I need to continue feeding it on a regular basis to keep it healthy and balanced. Another excuse to buy fabric, YES!!
    Quilt outside of the box!

Petthestash - you really DO have a lot of greens. That's great. All your fabric is so nicely organized. I imagine that by staying organized it's easier to find specifically what you are looking for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2