Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ISO: 9 Cube Cabinet for Cutting table and storage

ISO: 9 Cube Cabinet for Cutting table and storage

First off, I want to say Hello to everyone.......I have been neglecting you all since last August or so, I finally found a teaching position in ND as a FCS Teacher for a small town school (super YEH!!). Was officially hired on a Wednesday before school started the following Tuesday, and I have been playing catch-up and pulling hair ever since.

Anyway, I'm BACK.................. Only 13 days of school left and it's Summer break - doing the happy, happy dance around my sewing room.

So on a serious note - I am looking for the "thread" that had a picture of a 9cube (2 together) Storage unit that was made into a Cutting table and storage unit. I have purchased 2 sets and can't find my picture I saved. And I "sew" need one of these for my "Henhouse" and my FCS room at school (that's right - I have brought sewing back to this school) and my students are lovin' it.

So please, please help me "quilter friends", need to find this so my school maintenance crew and have it completed for next fall.

oh....by the way, have we started planning the 2014 Ornament Swap yet???

Your quilter friend forever and ever...
    "We can never have too much fabric" and "May the Fabric Fairy always keep your stash filled".

Robinlee

Power Poster
    I remember the post but I can't remember the title, sorry.

Blog Entries
    Home ec should never have been taken out of any schools. Good for you. Glad you're back! Don't they know sewing and home ec has everything to do with math and science. The connection is write there. Also let's not forget about history of the machines and how they have helped evolve through the years.

I remember it being a 9 cube, But I will hang on this just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
    "We can never have too much fabric" and "May the Fabric Fairy always keep your stash filled".

Robinlee

I don't know if this will help you but I had this in my Pinterest folder. Hope it helps.

Large work table - two hollow core doors ($25 ea.), 4 Walmart book cases ($16 ea.) Very smart! Even one set and one door would be great--

Lyn

Quote Originally Posted by Robinlee View Post

So on a serious note - I am looking for the "thread" that had a picture of a 9cube (2 together) Storage unit that was made into a Cutting table and storage unit. I have purchased 2 sets and can't find my picture I saved. And I "sew" need one of these for my "Henhouse" and my FCS room at school (that's right - I have brought sewing back to this school) and my students are lovin' it.
    If I'm not mistaken, this is the picture you're looking for, but it uses 3 cubbies and not two. I saved the link, but the thread disappeared for some reason. Maybe they only stay up for so long? Anyway...I saved the picture because I wanted to do the same thing. When I got my tax refund, I bought the cubbies and the melamine board to do it with. I'm also including the picture of the one I did based on it, but I used the 25 cube "shoe caddy" instead of the 6 cube shelf so it would hold my fat quarters. :c)

Donna
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    DonnaFreak

"Some days it's just not worth it to chew through the leather straps."

Blog Entries
    I think that's a closetmaid unit. I've seen them at target (bought them there for my girls). Ikea has a new line called Kallax but I'm not sure what configurations they are available in.

That is really cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast