Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: KFC sides containers

Blog Entries
    I always save those nice little containers.. what would we do without them? I love the KFC ones.. they are great for all kinds of things.. I use most of mine sending 'a snack for the road' with my sweet grandkids...

I also save clear plastic ones for gifts.. I roll a few fat quarters into roses and stick a few artificial leaves along side and send them as gifts.. They are very cute for a quilter.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...AC3300A534.png
    Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Life is good when you're busy with babies.

I also love the small plastic containers that come from KFC. I love to eat there; love their original chicken!! My husband doesn't like their chicken. He likes Popeye's or Church's chicken. I save the small see-through containers for lots of things when I go get chicken.

I use the deserts they make that you just stir in water and microwave a cake or brownie. The little black plastic dishes that come with them are awesome for storing stuff and come in 2 sizes. Also the plastic meat containers like from walmart's fresh meat section of course after being sanitized are awesome!

I wish you could post a picture of these containers.....I need to see if I need to start eating at KFC! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
    Anyone else saving those cute little plastic containers that side dishes come in at KFC? I've found them very useful to small items like pins, buttons, etc. and it saves space in a landfill someplace. DH is using them for his nails, tacks, etc.

I have buttons in the large popcorn container.
    Yogurt containers with lids are used next to the stove to put grease in (no grease down the drain) when full toss into trash.
    Pill bottles have small beads sorted by color if they didn't have a container when purchased.
    Classico jars I use for my homemade apple butter and jams and jellies. They take the rings and lids that are used for canning. Some of the Bertolli jars, too. If you can, check it out. My kids save them for me.
    The containers that have fried or roasted chicken from the grocery deli I saved. Annoyed DH until he needed to pack his Christmas cookies for the kids. (He likes to cook and bake. Our adult kids love his cookies.) Some have handles which are great for carrying hand sewing projects in. Also good for putting together all the items needed for small quilting projects.

Blog Entries
    Those crystal light containers are perfect for a small pair of scissors, thread and yoyo's. I have one packed so anytime I am going somewhere I can throw it in and work will waiting. Dr or DDS.

My new one is the clear container those Tide Pods come in....perfect for scraps by color for string quilts and they are pretty when filled up.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Diet Dr. Pepper in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gollytwo View Post
    I save the large Crystal Light containers - they're tall and round.
    I use them for different things: rotary cutter holder for travel, storing buttons and stuff like that.
    Yes, I love those crystal light containers. If I need a bunch I take the little packages out and store them in ziplocs. My DH thinks that is funny.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Don't eat at KFC so I don't have any of their containers. I do save Classico spaghetti sauce jars. First thing I do is soak off the label and put jar into dishwasher, after cleaning the cap I pour a little bleach into it and let it set about 15 minutes, rinse it thoroughly and put it into dishwasher. I use these jars to hold small amounts of macaroni, sugar, flour, home made salad dressing, etc. I also use them to put up come apple butter.

I have it bad!!! I tried to get my dog to eat benniful dog food just because I like the plastic container. LOL He won't eat it will only eat little ceasars (not to spoiled) wish they came with covers.
    It's always sunny here in Fl unless it's raining,LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LUANNH View Post
    I have it bad!!! I tried to get my dog to eat benniful dog food just because I like the plastic container. LOL He won't eat it will only eat little ceasars (not to spoiled) wish they came with covers.
    I have the same prob. with my dog. She will only eat Little Cesars & only certain flavor of that. I safe those containers til I have such a stack I finally have to toss them out. Then I start another stack since I just cannot let myself toss them out. I have pins in one, candy in another, etc.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast