Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kitchen cart for cutting area

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
    My only suggestion if you go with either of those carts....make sure the wheels lock. You don't want to pressing down while cutting something and have the cart squirt out from under you!

AND make sure that the top surface can accomodate the large cutting mat. I love my mobile kitchen island!

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

I have a horn but those home made look wonderful!!!

DJ
    These are all really great ideas!
    DJ_____________________

Thanks for all the good ideas! I ended up with an interim solution of moving everything into my bedroom. It's a big oversized bedroom with lots of space. I have a large computer desk that worked perfectly for my sewing machine and extension table. For now I'm going to make do with using the top of my low chest of drawers as a cutting surface. No fancy wheels, but it's a good height and surface. This gets it out of the dining room for now and working with it a bit may let me know better what I want.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. You've given me some great options to think about!

Dana

And is you have a bed in the room, look for under bed drawers so you have storage that doesn't take up to much room. I like the first one but there are many option.

http://www.joann.com/sew-essentials-...me&ici=Slot1-1 This looks nice and it's on sale! Plus free shipping. I don't know anything about this, but it has good reviews.

I love the idea...I am looking for cutting table ideas....Thanks for sharing...

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Great ideas. Now off I go to check out the Mission section to see how others put them together. I have several in my sewing room already.....Even without wheels, I like this idea...
    "Keep Smiling, Keep shining..knowing you can always count on me....for sure.
    That what friends are for...

Blog Entries
    I like those storage cubes. I might get some for my kitchen area to put the TV on.

Just added one of the kitchen islands with wheels to my sewing room last week. Took my son over 4 hours to put it together. Got it from Bed Bath and Beyond with a coupon worth $60.00 off, so I was pleased. Very sturdy and has the locking wheels and the flip up top if needed. My special ironing board I use for quilts can be placed right on the top when needed. I plan on loving it. And I'm going to roll it over to my quilting area to support the quilts if I'm doing some free motion quilting. Sure helps with storage and organization too.
    with a passion for quilting and vintage machines..Singers: 99, 4 featherweights, Redeye 66, Lotus 66, Phoenix 27, 15-91, 301A
    Colleen S.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast