Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Let's Organize Something Today >

Let's Organize Something Today

Let's Organize Something Today

Old 10-06-2016, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
I bought project boxes and labled all of them, so when they have to "sit around" waiting instructions or mailings or assembly, thy have a place to wait neatley
I love your description. I have an image of neatly folded WISPs sitting patiently with their hands folded waiting for you to return.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:15 AM
LMH

I'm in the process of moving into a newly built quilt studio and found many great ideas on this site. Thank you! Since I've never really had a place to quilt before, I am going through "stuff" from different rooms in my home and bring in only the things I really want in my new room. I've decided that I am going to use project boxes for my UFO's & PhD'S. I found a great way to store them on this site. The thread is "Great project storage discovery" and it is from clevermom3kids dated 8-09-2015. I have bought a few things from Ikea & this storage rack is one of them. It does not take up much floor space, but the boxes are visible but neat.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:16 AM

Set up space for two "new" quilts. One is a repair and one is a scrappy both charity quilts. I have to get busy or i won't have anymore room to organize, lol.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by tkhooper View Post
Set up space for two "new" quilts. One is a repair and one is a scrappy both charity quilts. I have to get busy or i won't have anymore room to organize, lol.

LOL! I'm right there with you.

Rob
Old 12-02-2016, 10:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LMH View Post
I'm in the process of moving into a newly built quilt studio and found many great ideas on this site. Thank you! Since I've never really had a place to quilt before, I am going through "stuff" from different rooms in my home and bring in only the things I really want in my new room. I've decided that I am going to use project boxes for my UFO's & PhD'S. I found a great way to store them on this site. The thread is "Great project storage discovery" and it is from clevermom3kids dated 8-09-2015. I have bought a few things from Ikea & this storage rack is one of them. It does not take up much floor space, but the boxes are visible but neat.
For those who wonder what LMH is referring too.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/mission...ml#post7281494
Old 12-18-2016, 06:11 AM

We're in the process of packing for a move, and my sewing room has become a dump room for boxes and miscellaneous STUFF.

This thread has motivated me to organize and get rid of stuff. Wish me luck. I'm goin' in!
Old 12-18-2016, 06:42 AM

Sheep Farmer, you can do this. Progress always looks worse before it looks better. When I need to get rid rid of lots of stuff, I do something I learned from the Fly Lady. A 27 thing fling boogie. Start with obvious trash. I count a handful of trash as 1 thing. After that I'm in a rhythm of tossing . So I will then find a big box, label it "Donate" and start going clockwise around the room grabbing things I'm no longer using or loving. It doesn't take long for me to burn out or to get distracted when doing this job, which is why I set a timer . 15 minutes , then 15 more , and my outer limit is typically 90 . But only in increments of 15 minutes so I can look forward to being saved by the bell!
Old 12-18-2016, 06:49 AM

Zozee- Great ideas! I like the 27 thing fling boogie, and the timer--gonna try that one now that I've purged all the easy stuff.

Rob
Old 12-21-2016, 10:10 AM

You set your timer on 15 minutes to stop your organizing time? I set my timer on 15 minutes and clean during those 15 minutes - housecleaning, not sewing room related cleaning, then I give myself an hour in the sewing room, then the dreaded 15 minute housecleaning again. I don't dread anything that happens in that sewing room, unless it's a project that Just Won't End!
Old 12-21-2016, 11:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Prissnboot View Post
You set your timer on 15 minutes to stop your organizing time? I set my timer on 15 minutes and clean during those 15 minutes - housecleaning, not sewing room related cleaning, then I give myself an hour in the sewing room, then the dreaded 15 minute housecleaning again. I don't dread anything that happens in that sewing room, unless it's a project that Just Won't End!
Oh that's a great idea....reward oneself for doing the have to's rather than the want to's....