Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My more user friendly space

My more user friendly space

My sewing room was so non-user friendly that it was uncomfortable doing much work in there. I had a huge cutting table that sat on saw horses and worked really good for cutting but it took up most of the room, so this last weekend my husband bought me a new folding table to put in its place. We re-arranged the room, moved things out and now I have a more friendly work space, including a design wall that has a flannel sheet that I got for a couple bucks at Goodwill. Yea! The closet has a metal kitchen rack ( like the little one in another picture only full size) that has all my other sewing notion storage and other stuff on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by valsma; 11-15-2011 at 04:40 PM.
    Tammy

Life Is A Banquet and Most Poor Suckers Are Starving!

Now I know how to use the quilt stand I saw one at my local thrift store but did not buy it because not sure how to use it. Thanks!

JOY
    Quilts are like friends - they age with you, yet never lose their warmth. Friendship promotes the good and happiness in each other.

Blog Entries
    Don't you feel great now that you're organized. Can you tell us about the bag hanging on the wall. Looks like it would be great for classes.

Blog Entries
    That's great! It's amazing how just re-organizing, etc., can get you motivated! Now you can start really pumping out those beautiful quilts!

You inspire me to get more organized.

Blog Entries
    Great space! Love your bag for you cutting mat in the first pic. Can you tell us the name of the pattern?
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

yes i would like to know more about that bag and love your quilty space...
    Barefoot Quilter
    april

Thanks everyone for your interest in my quilt tote. I wish I could give you a pattern for it, but there really isn't one specific one I can name. I was looking through the web one day for a way to carry my small mat, a small cutting ruler, and other quilting tools and couldn't find one I really liked, so I took the basic shape of a small one I saw and built on it with a few of my own tweeks to get what would work for me. I wish I could share with you but I didn't write anything down. I could take some pictures for you to look at, but I don't know if that will help you any.
    Tammy

Life Is A Banquet and Most Poor Suckers Are Starving!

Nice area to work in.

Looks good sometimes rearranging gets you re energized.
    Juliebelle

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast