Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My Quilting Space

Akron, Ohio - Atlanta, GA - Mannheim Germany

My Quilting Space

I live in military post housing so the rooms are tiny. I turned one room into my sewing room when my son moved out. It took me months to organize everything. I use comic boards and empty bolts from my LQS. I am realy grateful to them because they were more than happy to collect them for me. The table came from IKEA and it cost $50. It is two sided and it folds to something tiny that can slide under my bed. Amazing! The Viking 500 is a loaner from Tirolgirl on the board. It has European voltage and I love it. The strips are scraps I usually cut up after a project. I cut most of the 1.5 strips at Torilgirl's house one evening and ended up making about 32 log cabin blocks when I got home. I love Tirogirl's log cabin quilts. The Featherweight I brought from a member of the board along with a 99K that is not shown. The machines are in excellent condition. I love them too. These pictures were from a month ago so my sewing space no longer looks like this. Stuff is everywhere but oh well...
    Attached Images Attached Images                  
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.

Blog Entries
    very nice. I like how organized you are. I've done that too and get lots more sewing done.
    Hope you get lots of thanks for being part of our forces
    Patski
    always learning

Wow, very nice room. It amazes me how fast we can fill a room up, but yours looks great and a nice variety of fabrics.

Power Poster
    ​Ohhhh! Your sewing room looks great, so neat and organized.

Wow, I love your organization ideas. The labeled bins for scraps are a great idea. Might just copy that if you don't mind. Every thing in your room looks so great.

Blog Entries
    Awesome, beautiful space to craft in. I'm sure it helps to be organized in tight quarters. Great job!
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

You made it work for you and that is what counts.

Boy, that looks like a large space to me!lol Lots of fabric and wonderful organization. I wish you could come help me as I have a huge spot and don't know how to organize it better. Great job.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Blog Entries
    Goog job! you made this room look a lot bigger than you described. So well organized and such a big stash. I am envious! Congratulations!

Blog Entries
    I just love your sewing room! Your stash is so beautifully organized. What a great, inspiring place to work!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast