Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My room is a blank slate....need your ideas!!

Thank you everyone! I will take pics of my progress if anyone is interested.

I found a wood/laminate floor to be the best thing I did in my room!!! My room is only small (9'x7") so was reasonably cheap to do....but well worth it for ease of cleaning and finding dropped pins!! Like others have said...lots of brilliant ideas here....just enjoy making it YOUR space!!!
    Hilary

We found this great flooring at Home Depot that we plan to use when the time comes. It's a laminate that looks like grey driftwood. They have a lot of little samples there that you can take for comparison.

If you have access to Ikea, they have a great bookcase which is just perfect for displaying Featherweights. It is from the "Billy" collection, is 15-3/4" wide and 79-1/2 tall. I have six Featherweights displayed on mine and it doesn't take up much wall space. Enjoy your new room! Betty

treat yourself to a laminae floor! then check out craigslist for IKEA storage pieces...your room will come together

I would definitely recomment a smooth floor surface. We just recarpeted our multiple purpose room where I sew. It is hard to move my roll around chair and I am constantly finding pins in the carpet.

Keep everything portable for a while. Move things around until the room "feels" right. You know - yin/yang. If the room's not right the creative juices don't flow. Don't get in a hurry to have it finished. In this regard smaller pieces (the cheaper the better) work best as they can be rearranged and disposed of until you are happy. Just my 2cents worth.
    Shirley in Arizona

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShirlinAZ View Post
    Keep everything portable for a while. Move things around until the room "feels" right. You know - yin/yang. If the room's not right the creative juices don't flow. Don't get in a hurry to have it finished. In this regard smaller pieces (the cheaper the better) work best as they can be rearranged and disposed of until you are happy. Just my 2cents worth.
    I agree here. I had things set up very pretty and nicely, but hardly ever used the room. I am in the process of rearranging my space for the 3rd time - this time seems like its going to be the charm (at least for a while!)

Great ideas....My space will soon be underconstruction....My room is going to be 20 x 30....I really need it....My office is so crowded that I can barely sit down...Makes sewin a challange...

Don't forget good lighting. A good table for cutting fabric. Good storage for fabric.
    Organization, organization, organization, is key. A place for everything, and everything in its place.
    Avoid clutter so you spend your time sewing and not looking for supplies, rulers, etc.
    Enjoy putting your room together.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast