Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Organization Weekend? 9/26-27 >

Organization Weekend? 9/26-27

Organization Weekend? 9/26-27

Old 09-24-2015, 02:57 AM

Well, I suppose that there is a modicum of comfort and encouragement in numbers, and since my studio is a disaster, count me in. Lol
Old 09-24-2015, 03:34 AM

It seems I have to clean/reorganize/sort my sewing room after every project.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:09 AM

I wish I could join in! I'm laid up awaiting knee surgery. My quilt room has been overtaken temporarily by my daughter's boxes of stuff! She moved in with us for a month until she closes on her new house early October. I couldn't get to my machines right now if my life depended on it! I plan to move my quilting room to an upstairs bedroom when she leaves. New paint, bigger double wide window, brighter space! Can't wait!
Old 09-24-2015, 05:11 AM

I did that last Friday cause my neighbor was bring down her daughter-in-law and granddaughter to see my sewing room. Didn't want them to think I was disorganized and a slob. Used those command strips to hang the rulers I use to measure while quilting on the side of my shelving unit so close by. Had just installed a new thread rack on the wall for the quilting threads so the rolling cart was pretty much empty now so started putting paper templates, marking tools, etc. in the drawers so nearby again. Just basically putting things where they should go and cleaning up a bit. Even got the windows caulked and ready to paint the trim. Started making curtains from leftover scraps too. I try to clean the rooms up after every project or quilting project so things are in their perspective place again.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:26 AM

So glad you posted this! I will join in although I am in the throws of herding the scrap leftovers and putting away auditioned FQs and yardage for a twister quilt. So I will be here on Saturday!
Old 09-24-2015, 05:44 AM

Well I have to clear up so I can continue to sew - so I'm in for Saturday. Pictures on Monday!
Old 09-24-2015, 07:37 AM
Power Poster

I have already started. Taking everything out of the sewing room. Son is coming down to stay for awhile for a job prospect. So I need to turn the room back into a bedroom. Shelves coming off the wall. Dh has an armoire he needs to finish much of fabric will go into it. 401 will be no problem with storage since it's a desk cabinet. I can also put the other on top or into machine carrier with some supplies. Wanting to minimalize anyway. Clutter is driving me crazy. Going to paint. It's a bold primary yellow. Going to tone it down to a buttery cream yellow. Have been using kitchen table a lot to cut fabric. So solid and big. I have under bed storage with wheels. I can put a lot under there. trying to stay away from boxes and just use the clear containers. Then the office!! Ugh!!
Old 09-24-2015, 10:31 AM

Oh man! Hubby and I just planned a 're-arrange the apartment' weekend for the 3rd and 4th, so I'm going to start today and do some sewing organizing this weekend. We have a one room apartment, so when we re-arrange it means all my sewing stuff has to get organized as well. It's about time for that anyway, since I just finished a quilt... I'll admit, I'm a little embarrassed to take pix, but I'll show you mine if you show me yours...
Old 09-24-2015, 01:41 PM

OK, I'm with you - as much as I can. I'm going to the LQS on Saturday to finish the top of a quilt I'm donating to a victim of the wildfires in eastern Washington. I'm also cutting 2.5" squares for the "candy" swap and have 30 more fabrics piled up that need to be cut. Then there's the pile of blues and white for the log cabin quilt, as well as the wall hanging and large throw for the living room that need to be quilted! I need to at the very least get projects into baggies and containers.

I'll try to take and post pics but haven't done any of that yet, so may not work.

I won't get anything done toward this on Sunday because of football after church, but will try to get lots done on Saturday.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:36 PM

I got no choice. Moving again. This time I'm packing right. And sorting and donating and............. I hate moving. At least its only about 300 feet this time. But, my sis and I will be sharing a sewing room so there is alot to do. We did go thru my fabric this week, purged, folded and stored neatly.