Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Organization Weekend? 9/26-27 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/organization-weekend-9-26-27-a-t270321.html)

AllyStitches 09-23-2015 08:50 AM

Organization Weekend? 9/26-27

Hi Everyone,

I've lately been thinking that I'd like to spend a couple of hours organizing my sewing room. It's not really that bad, but I have a closet that I need to organize (I'll be brave and post pics), some odds and ends that have ended up out of place, and some UFO's that are being shuffled around my little sewing room as I need to use whatever space they happen to be occupying. I know I feel more positive about sewing when my space is clean! So I was wondering if anyone else wanted to join in on the "fun" this weekend (9/26-27), and spend some time organizing with me. It's always motivating to see what others are accomplishing, and find new ideas for how to store things, etc.

Nammie to 7 09-23-2015 09:08 AM

That sounds like a grand idea! It has been a while since I've been able to sew -- this might be the perfect opportunity to get myself organized and back in the swing of things!

AllyStitches 09-23-2015 09:11 AM

That's perfect! Yay!!! I'm excited!!!

notmorecraft 09-23-2015 11:38 AM

My daughter in law going to be induced on Friday, I'm hoping to make quilt show on Saturday, baby permitting, I might manage this on Sunday, lol, but no promises at the moment x

AllyStitches 09-23-2015 12:42 PM

Well I think that's a very good reason not to participate!! Good luck to everyone!

Originally Posted by notmorecraft (Post 7325828)
My daughter in law going to be induced on Friday, I'm hoping to make quilt show on Saturday, baby permitting, I might manage this on Sunday, lol, but no promises at the moment x

zozee 09-23-2015 01:05 PM

I'm in! Thanks for the motivation. Before and after pictures would be fun to see!

Cam's gram 09-23-2015 01:27 PM

Sounds like a great idea! Wish I could participate (read "need to participate") but leaving Friday afternoon for a Quilt Shop Hop with a good friend. Won't be back until some time Sunday.

ManiacQuilter2 09-23-2015 02:22 PM

I have been trying for the last month to get organized but no matter how hard I work at it, I still can't find the quilt fabric I am looking for. I am about ready to give up. :(

soccertxi 09-23-2015 06:20 PM

Thanks for the invite! I started organizing scraps this week, so with my DH out of town this weekend, great time to dive in the room too!

cannyquilter 09-24-2015 12:20 AM

I'm on holiday in Italy and return Friday, I know I will have a lot of catching up to do especially on Saturday out for cocktails to celebrate friend's birthday but I will try to get into the sewing room on Sunday and do the final 10%. You know that bit where you just can't do anymore and think I'll finish it tomorrow. Well in my case tomorrow never comes. So hopefully I will post my before and after on Sunday. See you all then.