Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   2012, New Beginnings or "Will Quilt for Cleaning!" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/2012-new-beginnings-will-quilt-cleaning-t174095.html)

annpryor 01-03-2012 09:21 AM

I want a friend like that.

anniesews 01-03-2012 10:09 AM

It looks so nice I would hate to mess it all up again.

ORSunshineQuilter 01-03-2012 11:56 AM

All I can say is WOW! I too have quilting ADD but mine is worse, alas. I have TWO rooms like this! One is for my embroidery machine. It is not quite as bad as the quilting room but OMG! I have to stop every 3-4 months and do my own cleaning so I can find things. Glad to hear I am not alone! LOL Happy 2012!

kat112000 01-03-2012 11:58 AM

WOW! What an awesome trade off!!! Your quilting space looks so nice, I just wanna get in there and mess it up!! LOL!!! Enjoy!!!

Suse 01-03-2012 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by doowopddbop (Post 4833083)
It's time to organize. To simplify. To prioritize.

My sewing studio sometimes resembles being struck by some natural disaster (hurricane, tornado...). Especially this past year during/after quilting frenzies with deadlines; no time to pick up! One could hardly find a path to walk through.

That, plus the fact that I have Quilter's A.D.D. (adding another project before the previous one is finished, haha!) amounts to a happy, comfortable mess of a sewing room. I can't help it, I want to make everything!

Recently, in exchange for machine-quilting, my friend Carol offered to help organize (disaster clean-up) my studio. She worked for four days, sorting, cleaning and organizing my projects, gadgets, supplies, fabrics and workspaces. She bagged and boxed, threw away teeny scraps I'd been hanging on to (just don't look!), even cleaned out that TOP DRAWER, you know the one! She stowed all my UFOs into bags in the window seat. She separated the mending pile, organized a few current projects into a stacking bin, and sorted fabric scraps into their little plastic shoeboxes in their respective colors. Voila! A clear path to the sewing machine!

Looks great! That's something I need to do...get organized. ;-)

patimint 01-03-2012 02:55 PM

So how fast can Carol get to my house? Fantastic job of organizing.

MargeD 01-03-2012 03:35 PM

WOW and double WOW. Two friends tried to help me organize my basement sewing room. Unfortunately, within a few months I had unorganied it. Old habits die hard. Now I have to be a little better organized, or I don't get to sleep in my bed at night. It works.

Veronica 01-03-2012 06:14 PM

She is good, everyone should have a friend like her.

kbs 01-03-2012 06:26 PM

she's not just a friend, she's an angel. Looks great.

janetter 01-03-2012 06:42 PM

Dear Carol,

Your letter of recommendation arrive via email today and I would like you to know that I am reserving the position of organizer open for you for as long as it takes to get you here. I was very impressed by the examples of hard work and expertise expressed in the letter. Please let me know how soon you can start.

Your "Quilting" Friend