Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Does your sewing space look like mine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/does-your-sewing-space-look-like-mine-t172352.html)

Maybe1day 12-18-2011 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by sewbeadit (Post 4789820)
I got some shots of my sewing space while I am working in it, well you can't see me.lol Does yours look messy like mine?

No mine doesn't look like yours, couldn't in a million years. Okay I confess, not at the moment it couldn't because mine is in the middle of a building site (I am serious) but one day, who knows?

Maybe1day

BettyGee 12-18-2011 05:55 PM

When I'm working on a big project my area looks very much like yours and I think it is just fine. I know where everything is and I'd be willing to bet you do too. I was doing Christmas gifts yesterday and mine looked like a tornado had gone through, today it looks much more normal. I like your working area just fine.

leakus 12-18-2011 08:04 PM

Mine is a very small bedroom, at times all my surfaces are covered with stuff, projects, notions, fabrics, boxes with thread or beads,etc. the bad thing is the more cluttered it is the less motivation I have to sew. So, if you still have surfaces, you are good!

sewbeadit 12-18-2011 11:07 PM

Thank you BettyGee, I do try and clean it up between projects, if I don't I can't find anything or get anything done, since I have had one project after another all at once for the holidays, it has been kind of continuous. I could never have a really neat tidy spot because I don't work that way. I am still sorting and finding and trying to find better ways to store my stuff, that you can't see in the pics, which are behind where I was standing, my long arm and totes of fabric, etc. One day I will get it done. We moved during the spring and really aren't all moved in yet or unpacked, all the way.

Originally Posted by BettyGee (Post 4792899)
When I'm working on a big project my area looks very much like yours and I think it is just fine. I know where everything is and I'd be willing to bet you do too. I was doing Christmas gifts yesterday and mine looked like a tornado had gone through, today it looks much more normal. I like your working area just fine.

sewbeadit 12-18-2011 11:11 PM

Leakus, I too had a very small bedroom. Well it started as a front porch we turned into a sewing room, I loved it, was my first real sewing room, well after about 5 years I outgrew that, then I had about an 8x10 sewing room which was wonderful and I outgrew that after so many years, well we just moved in the late spring out of a two story house with a basement into a one story house and a big 24x26 shop, which I got for my studio. WEll I just turned 60 and what I am saying is hang in there one day you may have a bigger space too. Kids grow up so fast and things change before you even know what is happening. I never thought I would be able to have a room where I had everything for my hobby, quilting and sewing, in one room. I am still so excited, I am like a kid!

Originally Posted by leakus (Post 4793222)
Mine is a very small bedroom, at times all my surfaces are covered with stuff, projects, notions, fabrics, boxes with thread or beads,etc. the bad thing is the more cluttered it is the less motivation I have to sew. So, if you still have surfaces, you are good!

jinik 12-19-2011 04:16 AM

Sure does! Glad to know I'm not alone!!

lizzy 12-19-2011 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by mama lyn (Post 4791023)
A messy studio is the sign of a creative mind! That's my motto and I'm sticking to it! :-)

Love this quote and I agree with 100%. Of course, my sewing space is always messy but it's the way I work. No apologies.

SandyQuilter 12-19-2011 07:28 AM

You copied my room! And I use the entire master bedroom!

SandyQuilter

Quilt27 12-19-2011 09:08 AM

Hey, creative clutter central! Makes me feel right at home...

quiltapillow 12-19-2011 12:10 PM

OH, My, Yours looks bettttter than mine................I assure you. My room is 13x12. but a separate 8x15 for my long arm.