Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Does your sewing space look like mine?

Does your sewing space look like mine?

I got some shots of my sewing space while I am working in it, well you can't see me.lol Does yours look messy like mine? I am still trying to figure out how to get the most use out of my space. These photos are just a corner of my room of 24x26' where I do the sewing. I have fabric and a long arm machine and tons of stuff everywhere else. Name:  IMG_0073.JPG
Views: 6353
Size:  546.9 KBName:  IMG_0077.JPG
Views: 6363
Size:  609.6 KBName:  IMG_0074.JPG
Views: 6349
Size:  519.6 KBName:  IMG_0084.JPG
Views: 6347
Size:  604.8 KB
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

This is my space. I was finally able to start from scratch when I had a little unexpected 'help' (a water leak). I have finally figured out how to move my space around so I can get halfway organized. Almost everything I have is one wheels now so it's easy to rearrange if the mood hits. Sounds like you have lots of fun stuff and a pretty big room to boot.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...albums878.html

And I bet you can find everything you need.

Blog Entries
    actually, that doesn't look so bad... I have seen much worse!
    I quilt for my sanity!

I wish my space looked like this. I only have a little corner with my stuff in totes and bags! I have no advise on organizing it since I don't have any organizational skills. Good luck creating amazing pieces.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim Bohannon View Post
    actually, that doesn't look so bad... I have seen much worse!
    -It looks pretty good to me -I lost my cat in mine yesterday-kept hearing a muffled meow- I found the poor thing in a basket under scads of fabric I was sorting thru-so I spent the day cleaning and re-arranging with Tommy Girl's help so I'm now out of the cat house (temporarily)

Yours looks spotless compared to mine! LOL

Your space is lovely, I think I have seen it before and I love that movable design wall you have.

Quote Originally Posted by ksdot417 View Post
    This is my space. I was finally able to start from scratch when I had a little unexpected 'help' (a water leak). I have finally figured out how to move my space around so I can get halfway organized. Almost everything I have is one wheels now so it's easy to rearrange if the mood hits. Sounds like you have lots of fun stuff and a pretty big room to boot.

Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Blog Entries
    Looks just about right to me LOL
    It's not a stash-it's a fabric library!
    http://www.mamisquilts.com/

Mine's more crowded.

A messy studio is the sign of a creative mind! That's my motto and I'm sticking to it! :-)
    Mama Lyn - Overland Park, KS
    Official Hobbs Distributor Nolting Dealer
    www.quiltedmemoriesllc.com

Did you sneak into my room last night?

I don't think it is too bad. the only thing I would have a hard time is the stuff on the sewing table. It looks like everything has a place eventhough not overly organized.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries

Looks more like a Studio, love it,Wish it was mine, lol.
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Yep that is mine. J J

Wish mine was as big; I've got mine all crowded into a 9 x 12 room; ah, maybe next year I'll be able to set my quilting frame all the way up (but thankful it is designed so that I can at least do twin sizes).
    Maybe some day it will all be nice and fancy!

Slowly getting back into the swing of things!

Your space it neat as compared to mine. I can't wait until after Christmas so I can tear it apart and reorganize

I think your space looks pretty good. I spent 3 months this past summer/fall getting my sewing back in order. I watched a "Hoarders" show and that really got me going on cleaning up my creative mess. I need hubby to add more lightings since I moved the sewing/cutting table. I have my fabrics in bins, for each color and 2 theme bins. Finally got all my patterns and binders in 3 boxes. I'm hoping I get shelves this comming summer.
    Each day is a new beginning. adrian...

Yes that whole space is mine, please return it ASAP.
    always give back and forward

What a fabulous space and so well organized. I am making the doggie quilt you have for my great grandson who is not quite 2 and loves animals.

Millie

Quote Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
    I got some shots of my sewing space while I am working in it, well you can't see me.lol Does yours look messy like mine?
    No mine doesn't look like yours, couldn't in a million years. Okay I confess, not at the moment it couldn't because mine is in the middle of a building site (I am serious) but one day, who knows?

Maybe1day
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    - John Lennon

When I'm working on a big project my area looks very much like yours and I think it is just fine. I know where everything is and I'd be willing to bet you do too. I was doing Christmas gifts yesterday and mine looked like a tornado had gone through, today it looks much more normal. I like your working area just fine.
    BettyGee, quilter on a Rocky Mountain High

Mine is a very small bedroom, at times all my surfaces are covered with stuff, projects, notions, fabrics, boxes with thread or beads,etc. the bad thing is the more cluttered it is the less motivation I have to sew. So, if you still have surfaces, you are good!
    :-( I wish I was a full time quilter!
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

Thank you BettyGee, I do try and clean it up between projects, if I don't I can't find anything or get anything done, since I have had one project after another all at once for the holidays, it has been kind of continuous. I could never have a really neat tidy spot because I don't work that way. I am still sorting and finding and trying to find better ways to store my stuff, that you can't see in the pics, which are behind where I was standing, my long arm and totes of fabric, etc. One day I will get it done. We moved during the spring and really aren't all moved in yet or unpacked, all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by BettyGee View Post
    When I'm working on a big project my area looks very much like yours and I think it is just fine. I know where everything is and I'd be willing to bet you do too. I was doing Christmas gifts yesterday and mine looked like a tornado had gone through, today it looks much more normal. I like your working area just fine.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Leakus, I too had a very small bedroom. Well it started as a front porch we turned into a sewing room, I loved it, was my first real sewing room, well after about 5 years I outgrew that, then I had about an 8x10 sewing room which was wonderful and I outgrew that after so many years, well we just moved in the late spring out of a two story house with a basement into a one story house and a big 24x26 shop, which I got for my studio. WEll I just turned 60 and what I am saying is hang in there one day you may have a bigger space too. Kids grow up so fast and things change before you even know what is happening. I never thought I would be able to have a room where I had everything for my hobby, quilting and sewing, in one room. I am still so excited, I am like a kid!

Quote Originally Posted by leakus View Post
    Mine is a very small bedroom, at times all my surfaces are covered with stuff, projects, notions, fabrics, boxes with thread or beads,etc. the bad thing is the more cluttered it is the less motivation I have to sew. So, if you still have surfaces, you are good!
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast