Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Fabric storage (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/fabric-storage-t169856.html)

IzzysGrammie 01-31-2012 09:56 AM

WOW! I thought I was in a fabric store there for a minute! That is amazing organization of an awesome stash!! I used to have a bumper sticker that said, "She who dies with most fabric wins!" Well, I pass this baton on to you... I am not worthy!! hahaha! Happy sewing!

beckyj 05-18-2017 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by grandmajuki (Post 4720631)
These are pictures of my small group of quilters and how they organized their fabric.. some of us went to help fold fabric and get it in order.. We get together once a month and spent 3 months on organization....
judy

If you got together once a month. Did you do a different studio each month and how many hours, also how many people? It would give us an idea of how long our stashes would take to do. To plan our work party.

w

Jane Quilter 05-19-2017 02:22 AM

makes my stash look small and pitiful. But yours is awesome and great! Congrats.....

M.I.Late 05-21-2017 07:24 PM

Nice jobs ladies! I have mine is lawyers bookcases that have glass fronts. Look so good they flank the television in the living room and most people think we read a lot. But it's really fabric.

mindless 05-24-2017 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by M.I.Late (Post 7828779)
Nice jobs ladies! I have mine is lawyers bookcases that have glass fronts. Look so good they flank the television in the living room and most people think we read a lot. But it's really fabric.

Where did you find your lawyer's bookcases? I have been looking for a couple of those in my area for quite a while now.

I can't store any fabric on open shelving anymore. We fed the birds through the winter, and we also attracted all the mice in the county. They moved into my Diva Den, and set up housekeeping when things got really cold! YUCK!!! I found little piles of bird seed here and there, and went on the warpath. Lesson learned.

Even though all the mice are gone now, ALL fabric is in plastic tubs that mice cannot get into. Dust free, and....bummer! I can't see it anymore. I really liked looking at all the pretty fabrics on the shelves. Looking like colorful books just waiting to be picked up.

So...I'm looking for shelving with glass fronts. Lawyer's bookshelves would be perfect. I have been stalking ebay and CL, but I haven't found any yet. I guess there is always glass fronted hutches, but I would rather have lots of shelves....

Claire123 10-03-2017 09:51 PM

Beautiful.

Dora 03-28-2018 05:34 AM

Haveing so much fabric would be a dream to me Love how you have it all organized :)

Sew Freak 03-31-2018 07:50 AM

nice job!!!!

sewbizgirl 03-31-2018 08:24 AM

Beautiful organization. That is a stash to be envied!

Jordan 04-01-2018 07:12 AM

WOW! What great organization for each of you and great team work. All finishing looks wonderful