Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   A last, a place to quilt! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/last-place-quilt-t228022.html)

LoriR 08-19-2013 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Fabric Collector (Post 6237536)
I am in the process of helping my husband making me a big board ironing board. What are the measurements of your table? How tall are you? I am 5'7" & have my board at 37" & is 22 x 53". Did you put any batting under the silver top? I want to be able to put a cutting mat on mine & have it be double duty...ironing & cutting ! I really like yours !!

Hi Fabric Collector,
My ironing board is actually a kitchen island that I took from the kitchen! My hubby popped the butcher block top off and I wrapped it in batting and then the silver ironing fabric. Then he screwed it all back together. It measures 37"ht by 44"L and 22"w. I sometimes wish it were a bit wider! I am also 5'7". Having a cutting mat on top would work really nicely too. The table I use to cut on is actually a pub table from a clearance center. It was less than $100 and came without chairs and a few scratches-perfect! Sounds like you are well on your way to a great ironing and cutting station too!
Lori in Minnesota

LoriR 08-19-2013 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by fktsewing (Post 6239987)
wow, how lucky you are!! what is your ironing station and where did you get it?

The ironing station is actually a kitchen island we bought years ago at a big box hardware store. My hubby popped the butcher block top of and I wrapped it in batting and ironing cloth (??) then he reattached the top. It works great.

LoriR 08-19-2013 07:00 AM

Thanks everyone-it is only because people like you have shared their spaces thru pictures online that I found all the ideas I used to design this space. Nothing was an original idea! I kept a file of ideas for years before I had the opportunity to create this space. I incorporated my other hobbies into the space and moved storage drawers and shelves home from my classroom after I retired. (Which was YEARS of storage purchases!) We built the cabinets 15 inches deep because someone online mentioned that scrapbook albums would fit easier.

My stash area is actually a walk-in closet with Ikea baskets. The tables around my sewing machines are garage sale Ikea or those cheap plastic tables available at Wal-Mart. Underneath each I have those plastic Iris drawers. (I think it helps that everything is white-it hides a lot of mismatched furniture.)

Thanks again and keep posting pictures of your space-it helps us all become inspirations!

wolph33 08-19-2013 02:26 PM

wow-awesome space and lots of elbow room-I am a bit jealous-enjoy

treee 08-19-2013 08:54 PM

you are so lucky. I would say your hubby was a keeper.

Rosewood9 08-27-2013 05:48 AM

Totally awesome!!!!!

owlvamp 08-27-2013 09:16 AM

Beautiful space ,. Wonderful hubby way to go. You go enjoy it.

Boonedox 08-27-2013 09:34 AM

Absolutely wonderful!

quiltingwifechick 08-30-2013 09:18 AM

Wow, that is gorgeous!! Love, love, love that ironing table!

DOTTYMO 09-07-2013 03:53 AM

You'll never see your husband as you will never leave this rooms uilting sewing ironing relaxing and keep fit what lose do you need. Lovely.