Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   My Sewing Space, Part 1: The Stash (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/my-sewing-space-part-1-stash-t186255.html)

Hemlock Tea 04-16-2012 07:40 AM

My Sewing Space, Part 1: The Stash

4 Attachment(s)
I love looking at everyone's sewing spaces and stash pictures, organized or messy, it's so much fun! I thought I'd post pictures of my space. It's actually my mom's- I moved back in with her when I relocated back to Houston, and we have too much fun together for me to get my own place, so I'm "stuck" here for now. We share her sewing room- all credit goes to her (except for any mess- that's all me!)

Here's pictures of the closet where we store most of our stash- the pictures are mostly of "my" half of the closet- it's long and narrow so it's hard to get good pictures, since it's at the back. This is about as neat as it gets for me, since I'm constantly taking stuff down and putting it back- there's no way I'll ever be as neat as she is!

Mine:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328249[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]328245[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]328246[/ATTACH]
My mom's:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328248[/ATTACH]

More pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemlock...7629634669993/

If it's not to dark when I get home tonight, I'll take somepictures of the sewing room itself, which is a work in progress.

sparkys_mom 04-16-2012 07:58 AM

Nice stash!! :)

Hemlock Tea 04-16-2012 08:06 AM

Ageless 04-16-2012 08:10 AM

Your stash looks lovely - and how wonderful that you want to be home quilting with your Mom. I do wish my daughter wanted to quilt. Please give us more pics of your space.

valleyquiltermo 04-16-2012 08:21 AM

Great stash. Your moma and you are so lucky to share this passion.

Helen6869 04-16-2012 08:40 AM

Gorgeaous stash! I am so jealous!

I looked at your flicker pictures. Beautiful stash!! How long did it take you to get so organized or did you organize as you collected? I have stuff in dresser drawers, plastic storage cases in a closet, and on shelves of a china cabinet. I hope to move to a new sewing room in the next year (hubby has to finish moving to outdoor shop) and I need to get organized so I can use what I have. Right now, I don't really remember all of it and what I wanted to do with it! so frustrating. Thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait to see your sewing room!
ps I would love it if one of my three daughters would move back in and sew with me!! alas, they don't sew!!

Hemlock Tea 04-16-2012 08:49 AM

I pretty much organized as I accumulated. I didn't get as into quilting as I am now until I moved back "home"- Mom already had her sewing room pretty much set up, so all I had to do was refold the fabric to fit the shelves. We had a minor "disaster" when we found a leak coming from an unused bathroom next to the sewing room- of course the plumbing access was behind our shelves in the closet- I came home from work to find all my fabric tossed in a pile! (My stepdad's doing :P) We thought the issue had been taken care of, and all the fabric went back... then three days later, again! I got to the fabric first, thankfully, so it was all stacked neatly to be put back when they finally fixed everything.

So I've had to "reorganize" a couple of times. My stash is pretty much at its limit right now, the shelf with yardage is packed pretty tightly. The only way I can get more is if I cut some stuff down for projects (most of it is earmarked for certain patterns), but all of my project boxes are full at the moment, and I can only fit a certain number of those. It's a good way to keep things from getting out of hand.

My mom has decided to get rid of most of her linen closet, so I'll be moving most of my art supplies in there, at which point I'll have more room for fabric, so I'd better be careful...

lfstamper 04-16-2012 08:51 AM

Beautiful stash and organization!

bepositive 04-16-2012 05:10 PM

I'd like to go "shopping" in your closet!!! :) :) :) :)

twoxover 04-16-2012 05:33 PM

great stash and admire your organizational skills!