Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Paint Advice for Quilt Room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/paint-advice-quilt-room-t217601.html)

Kieta 03-31-2013 12:05 AM

I have a lot of natural light in my sewing room and the walls are painted a soft dove grey. I have been so happy with this color since it doesn't compete with any of my fabrics on my design wall and gives my eyes a rest from all the happy fabrics.

my great room is painted cheery yellow so I have lots of color in other parts of the house.

orangeroom 03-31-2013 01:31 AM

Dh calls this 'papaya' orange. It doubles as a computer room too. I absolutely LOVE this color. I picked it out ~7 years ago when I was in nursing school and had A LOT of homework and needed a large space to spread out all my books. Now that table has my 3' x 6' cutting mat on it (all the time). Go with a color you love, and you'll be golden!

shan 03-31-2013 04:42 AM

Many artists and photographers use pale gray. I'm told it doesn't interfere with color in their project.

Quilty-Louise 04-02-2013 07:53 AM

I wish that I could paint my walls, but we rent our condo.

Of course the own said we could paint, but we would have
to paint them back to white if/when we move.

Of course since we have been living in the same place for
10 years it's not likely that we will be moving anytime in
the near (or distant) future.

Minna 04-02-2013 08:35 AM

I did mine in all white and put a sewing border all around, 30" from the floor. It's very light and easy on the eyes....just my sewing machine light is enough unless it's a dreary day.

probstrs 04-02-2013 04:43 PM

Mine is a very pale, soft blue. It's clean and bright without staying with a pure white and you still have the benefit of no "yellow light" reflections and keeping your colors true.

Candace 04-03-2013 10:35 PM

White because it's the complete neutral and doesn't clash with any colors. It may be boring to some, but it's a clean palette-and that's very important for working with many colors.

RonieM 04-04-2013 04:41 AM

When I first did my sewing room, I used a soothing sage color. Loved it for about 10 years and decided it was time for a change. I then painted my sewing room a nice cheery yellow - not too bright, but not pale either. I think you should do whatever makes you the happiest.

gale 04-07-2013 10:48 PM

Even though I love color, when I get my new sewing room this summer I'm probably going to with a pale neutral gray on the walls. It's that or white, because I don't want it making colors look funky-and I don't really want plain white. Then I'll use colorful accents.

bunniequilter 04-10-2013 04:21 AM

Im a firm believer in the theory that anything that makes you happy is ok, as long as its legal of course. Paint your room pink with purple polka dots if you want. Make it your space and you will be happy in it.