Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Setting up quilting space - pegboard (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/setting-up-quilting-space-pegboard-t261624.html)

bcsews 02-22-2015 10:20 AM

Setting up quilting space - pegboard

I am finally getting my new space set up and I am wondering how many of you have and use pegboard in your spaces? A friend gave me a box of hooks from her closed business so all I need is the board itself. I just want to be sure it is something I will use. What is your experience? Pictures would be great too! Thank you for any help.
Barb in Kansas

yel 02-22-2015 11:18 AM

take a hook along when you go to buy pegboard there are 2 different size hole out there

Tartan 02-22-2015 11:31 AM

Peg board is super! I have a little alcove behind my one machine that has peg board. I hang my stencils, scissors, rulers, extra packaged pens, pins, patterns etc. instead of digging through piles of stuff it is right where I can see it. Think of spaces that you can attach leg board to just not a wall. The back of your sewing room door, the back or side of a sewing desk, inside a cupboard door....
Forgot to add...I put some strapping on the wall before putting up my peg board because you need space for the hook to go through the hole and out the back of the peg board.

zozee 02-22-2015 11:36 AM

I use a big one all the time. I painted it the same yellow as my wall and framed it with trim from Home Depot. Painted the frame white to go with my furniture. I hung it close to my cutting table.

On mine I hang:
all my big rulers
scissors
dollar store mini buckets (one for glue sticks and tape, one for tape measures ,one for rotary blade packs, one for marking pens)
quilting gloves
mini flashlight that has a wriststrap on it

Sorry, I don't have a picture of it. One of these days I'll get my sewing room all clean at the same time and take pictures !

Gramie bj 02-22-2015 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 7101165)
I use a big one all the time. I painted it the same yellow as my wall and framed it with trim from Home Depot. Painted the frame white to go with my furniture. I hung it close to my cutting table.

On mine I hang:
all my big rulers
scissors
dollar store mini buckets (one for glue sticks and tape, one for tape measures ,one for rotary blade packs, one for marking pens)
quilting gloves
mini flashlight that has a wriststrap on it

I also hang lots on mine. DH made my stash storage cabinets and inset peg board in the top half of all of them. One set of them are in my LA area hanging baskets hold all my odds and ends needed for LA, needles, oil, cleaning supplies, sips, bobbins,

vondae 02-22-2015 08:22 PM

I love mine. It's a huge part of my sewing room. My hubby cut it to fit the wall I wanted it on. He also spray painted it a pretty pink color I choose. I also bought a magnetic strip at Harbor Freight and he added that to the bottom of the pegboard. Go for it!!!

kuntryquilter 02-23-2015 05:57 AM

I have peg board on 2 complete walls of my sewing room. Hang all of my supplies, scissors, rulers, thread, just every thing that will hang. I would post pictures, but my sewing room is a complete disaster at the moment.

momsbusy 02-23-2015 08:01 AM

My pegboards are painted and framed (to make it easier to slip in the hooks). I have three. One for stencils, and two more where I've organized my rulers, scissors, rotary cutters, and spray cans(505 spray, starch, etc.). Most rulers have holes for hanging, but my husband had no trouble drilling holes for the ones that didn't.

Annaquilts 02-23-2015 08:22 AM

I think it would be great and it would be the first thing I would put up if I had wall space.

ManiacQuilter2 02-23-2015 08:26 AM

I LOVE my pegboard. I have only gotten one sheet down to my apt (rest are still in storage). I hang my stencils off them but so many other things such as patterns and quilting tools. Just like a husband hangs his toys in the garage, you can organize your quilting toys just like his!