Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Sewing Room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/sewing-room-t198164.html)

GailG 08-20-2012 11:33 PM

Love your new sewing nest. I can see a lot of potential vertical storage on those spacious walls. Love the Singer 400 series. I have a 404 which was my first machine (1962).

Sewfine 08-21-2012 05:08 AM

It is so nice to have your own sewing space. When you done you can just close the door until next time.

ppquilter 08-21-2012 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by TinkerQuilts (Post 5454422)
Same here, my mid-arm and fabric/thread/batting/etc are in the basement, but I sew and embroider on the dining room table. I'm able to leave my project there since we're empty nesters. It works out good that way - I get up and walk off the stiffness when I need something from downstairs.
However, our retirement house in Wyoming is a one story house (ranch with no basement) and everything fits into one big room. Can't wait for the day we can move everything in there!

We are in WY too and have been making sure this (our 7th house) will be set up for retirement, one level ranch style home, attaached garage. BUT the other building is our 3-car garage, wood shop for husband and quilt studio for ME! So the play rms are ready! I love the view from my sewing machine chair!

Latrinka 08-21-2012 03:20 PM

Great room!

girlsfour 08-22-2012 03:04 AM

Good for you! I have to say I waited for years to be able to have a sewing room and found that I really just want a sew ing storage room. I sew either in the dining room or the kitchen. Don't necessarily like to be away from everyone when I am sewing.

Having four daughters and having different mixes of the girls sharing rooms through the years, I will say that there probably will come a time when they do not want to share a room and will fight and argue about each other making the messes in the room. Been there, done that!

Make sure you teach your girls how to sew when they are young. I didn't (I guess I was very busy) and now they really aren't at all interested in it. Sad....

Adorable daughter!!!

nunnyJo 08-22-2012 08:50 AM

fun room, your little girl is adorable

AuntieD 08-22-2012 03:44 PM

Good looking sewing space.

fleurdelisquilts.com 08-22-2012 06:43 PM

I shared beds and bedrooms with at least one of my seven sisters for all of my childhood. The worst that happened to me was that I was a bit scared of going to the bathroom alone after I moved out (should have taken a sister with me). lol Of course, I learned that privacy is a wonderful thing after our three boys came along. Guess I'm trying to say your girls will grow up just fine even though they have to share! Let them enjoy it: ignore the giggling!
Mary

quilt'nmomma 08-23-2012 12:42 PM

Thanks everyone. The sharing is most likely temporary. We will not live in this house for very many more years. They next one that we live I will be sure to have my own space.

incoming2me 08-23-2012 03:07 PM

Congrats on your new space!

Now... if only I could get rid of our 5 year accumulation of toys!