Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Solving my flatbed table dilemma (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/solving-my-flatbed-table-dilemma-t212074.html)

judy363905 01-27-2013 09:52 AM

Wonderful room.. Especially like the awesome light from your large windows :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

love to sew 01-27-2013 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Yooper32 (Post 5816972)
Are you sure that you sew? Where are the scraps? Where are the threads all over the floor? Where are the odds and ends of quilt sewing? Where are all the tools? ...But, I forget, some people are neat and their rooms bear no resemblance to my disaster areas. Very neat solutions you and hubby came up with.

no kidding doesn't look like you even sew in there! Beautiful, oh it would be so nice. . .

quiltingeileen 01-27-2013 10:02 AM

You must really feel like you are getting away from it all in this lovely room!

WeeFi 01-27-2013 12:40 PM

Great room, I wish I could keep mine as tidy as yours!

Cathou 01-27-2013 02:11 PM

Hello everyone that commented… I’ll try to answer questions from different posts. First, thank you for let me know that you enjoy seeing my sewing room. My goal was to share my solution because I spent the week looking on Internet for answer and being from the province of Québec the choice was limited. I looked into the Gidget II but there was no way for me to buy this here. Yes, I guess it is my nature to be neat!! In fact, it has to be neat for me to be able to sew!! The table top and the legs are from the VIKA collection. The table is very sturdy and it can hold up to 110 lb. Again at IKEA, I bought these big brown boxes (left of the shelf unit) to store my batting, my wool, my fabric and my tools. There is an identifier on the box so it is easy to find what I need. My stash is in the shelf unit itself. It’s in the 2 green storage boxes on the bottom and I have two clear ones above that. It’s true that having my desk face the window would give me great daylight but my daughter often comes and does her homework on the other desk so this way we can talk. While surfing the Net, I found Leah Day and she’s the one that made me want a flatbed. I was very inspired by her recommendations and one of them was to put the desk against the wall to prevent the quilt from falling, something I will do when I’ll be quilting. Thank you again.

lots2do 01-27-2013 05:47 PM

Thanks for the info on the table. Enjoy your setup!

nstitches4u 01-27-2013 06:40 PM

Great sewing room! I can see while you love it.

Steady Stiching 01-28-2013 05:08 AM

I think you may have solved my problem!
It looks like you have a substantial sewing machine.....are you getting no vibration or shaking from the table?
DH and I were going to go to Ikea yesterday to look at tables but got sidetracked. I will definatly go and look into Vika.

ghquilter53 01-28-2013 05:53 AM

I am just drooling over your wonderful space. My husband and I are relocating to another state and I am looking forward to creating my new quilting studio.

sparkys_mom 01-28-2013 06:01 AM

What a nice space.