Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   storage for stencils (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/storage-stencils-t182353.html)

jaciqltznok 03-12-2012 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Barbpr (Post 5051961)
I hang them on a shower curtain clip then put that on my peg board...they are easy to flip and take out!

this is still MY favorite way to store them too! Tried most of the gadgets sold for this purpose and they all fail when you want the stencil in the middle of the pack! I have not only quilting stencils, but stencils for painting, inking, etc, so I have TONS of stencils!

suern3 03-12-2012 03:14 PM

I Know!

Originally Posted by paulswalia (Post 5049901)
go ahead, laugh at me, I thought this was asking how to store PENCILS and wondered what was wrong with the age old method of sticking them in a coffee cup!!!!! speaking of coffee - guess I need some more!

I just have to tell you, I read that title at least 3 times before I saw that it wasn't storing Pencils! What tricks our brains can play on us:) Perhaps this explains why I can read my cutting instructions so carefully and then cut wrong! My last one said "place fabric wrong side down" and I carefully cut it wrong side up!

homecaregiver 03-12-2012 03:24 PM

really good suggestions.
Pat

tesspug 03-12-2012 03:43 PM

go ahead, laugh at me, I thought this was asking how to store PENCILS and wondered what was wrong with the age old method of sticking them in a coffee cup!!!!! speaking of coffee - guess I need some more!

Oh, my thanks for the chuckle. I misread all the time.

hopetoquilt 03-12-2012 03:50 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am still contemplating my options but there are some great ideas here...

brushandthimble 03-13-2012 04:32 AM

LOL, I too read pencil

quiltapillow 03-13-2012 03:59 PM

I use one of those clothes hangers that shows you how to hang in each hook and you unhook it from the rod so it hangs down. but I put it under my shelf so I can put a open hook in each one of the other hooks and arrange them by size. I have another that I hang and use for small gift bags for secret sister doings.

Denise_the_Quilt_Lady 03-18-2012 08:08 PM

I like legal sized file folders for smaller ones. and i have some that fit very nicely in the 12 x12 inch scrapbook paper holders. really big ones were problematic for me until i put two shelves really close together in my quilting closet. Now i have then all on two shelves.

hopetoquilt 03-20-2012 04:51 PM

I just found an ad for clear peg boards that I think might look nice and be very functional.

Peggy Jeanne 03-29-2012 02:23 PM

I actually use pizza boxes. Pizza Hut and Pappa Johns let me have them, I just went in and asked.