Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Thank You Keep the Motivation Coming Please! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/thank-you-keep-motivation-coming-please-t224648.html)

Smoothsewing 06-27-2013 10:02 AM

Thank You Keep the Motivation Coming Please!

I have spent the week looking over everyone's space and I have a room that is filled with junk yet its mine and all I need to do is clean it all up and its a whole room adn not a half room Like I am using now. Please keep posting all your great rooms as they are giving me my inspiration and the motivation to get started.

Thank YOU ALL!

Tartan 06-27-2013 11:02 AM

You go girl! Nothing like organizing your own space.

Smoothsewing 06-28-2013 04:10 AM

I still need motivation and I also need more free time........ Perhaps I will go crazy tonight and Start everything. the space is not as bad I think I feel to clean up. I know my whole being will feel better when I get moving and get all organized. please please kick me in the butt to get this going.

coopah 06-28-2013 04:46 AM

Just start in one small space. Then keep going. It works! All at once is way too overwhelming. Baby steps.

darlenedowns 06-28-2013 06:15 AM

Well all I can say to you is GET IT ORGANIZED and CLEAN you will not regret it and then when its done START QUILTING and SEW Its ok to get it messy now cause you know what you have and you are getting creative
You Go Girl!!!!!!!

LynnVT 06-28-2013 06:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You can DO it, Girl! My trick when I'm in a mess like that is to take a picture, or several, of the mess. Then when I get some of it done, I feel better. When it's beautiful, I take more pics so I'll have them for inspiration if/when I backslide. [ATTACH=CONFIG]421511[/ATTACH]Here is one of my "before" pics to make you feel better

mighty 06-28-2013 06:23 AM

Go for it, you will love it!!!

Nammie to 7 06-28-2013 06:44 AM

I tell myself I can clean one small area and that is all I have to do. It is amazing how much more I do without realizing it. Doesn't take long before everything is picked up and put away. When my grandkids are sewing I pick a few things up and put them away. When the embroidery machine is running I do the same thing. Helps a lot. It is so much easier to start with a cleaned up space - I make a mess when sewing so it helps to start out a little organized.

Smoothsewing 06-28-2013 07:17 AM

This is really helping minus I am stuck away from the house. at this time. I will have sometime I believe this weekend aas camp is not looking so good with the rain forcast. PLEASE AND THANK YOU I NEED YOU ALL SO I CAN REALLY STOP TALKING AND GET MOVING!.

Jingle 06-28-2013 12:51 PM

Once you get it all cleaned up and organized. Tell yourself you have to put away everything used for the last project before you can start another. This is what I do and it works for me.