Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   We need to see some tiny sewing spaces! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/we-need-see-some-tiny-sewing-spaces-t241017.html)

Prissnboot 02-13-2014 10:20 AM

We need to see some tiny sewing spaces!

I just moved into an apt and lost my huge gameroom sewing studio space, and while I'm super happy for your lucky dogs who have sewing studios you can play football in, I'm almost depressed because my sewing space became anorexic!

So I'm thinking perhaps those of us who have little teensy weensy sewing spaces can share?

I'll post my pics tomorrow!

Gina

Gramie bj 02-13-2014 11:35 AM

I would love to see your spaces.

MaryMo 02-13-2014 11:50 AM

I put "small sewing spaces" in pinterest search bar and saw lots of ideas .... also went to tab "Mission Organization" on this board and found lots of great ideas.

SewExtremeSeams 02-13-2014 11:51 AM

I will be following this thread also. Although I am not limited to a small space, I know that day is around the corner.

DebbE 02-13-2014 12:13 PM

I, too, will be following this. I am blessed with a bedroom for my quilting (the 2nd largest), but know in the future I will need ideas for a smaller space, too. Also, having ideas to expand the space I have is ALWAYS good!

QuiltE 02-13-2014 03:18 PM

I've seen some pretty impressive sewing areas that are built into a clothes closet.
Well organized with a place for everything and everything in its place!!
Close the closet door, and no one knows that the "sewing room" even exists! :)

(Sorry, I am one of the people you hate .. because I have a huge sewing area!!)

QuiltNama 02-13-2014 04:37 PM

Gina, I too had a large sewing room, and when we moved ended up with a bedroom 9 x 10 for my sewing. It took me a long time to get somewhat organized but have managed and have come to love my small space. I have utilized all of the extra closet space in the house and do have my rolls of batting in the basement. Without the basement, I would not buy lg. bolts of batting.

QuiltingVagabond 02-13-2014 05:52 PM

I wish I had a picture of the sewing room in our previous house - it was 6 ft x 8 ft and had 2 machines. Fabric was hung on pants hangers from vinyl coated closet shelving near the ceiling.

I didn't quilt back then, but made lots of clothing, drapes, home decor, prom and wedding dresses etc.
I did my cutting on the dining room table.

Dolphyngyrl 02-13-2014 06:38 PM

I just have my gidget 2 in the bedroom corner. I cut on the kitchen table and have my supplies in tubs in the closet. I feel cramped so it leads me not to sew very often so am looking forward to a dedicated sewing space

Nammie to 7 02-13-2014 07:28 PM

My first sewing room was an unfinished bathroom in the basement. Had room for a singer sewing machine in a cabinet and a chest of drawers for fabric. I had a pegboard behind the sewing machine to hang tools and patterns> A lot of really nice projects came out of that tiny room.