Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   White, gray, pastel? Not bold for sure...paint color (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/white-gray-pastel-not-bold-sure-paint-color-t175685.html)

Chay 01-16-2012 06:20 AM

Grey Wisp by Benjamin Moore is a copycat color of Restoration Hardware's silver sage. It is beautiful. My bedroom and bathroom are painted this color and it's the most soothing paint color I've ever seen. Depending on the time of day and the light it can look silver-ish, light blue, grey or creamy white. Best color ever!

laurafet 01-16-2012 06:49 AM

I wasn't a big fan of yellow either, but ended up with a soft one called cornsilk, a Behr color from HDepot. It plays off the sun in that room, and is good for my production mode, but still soothing. Whatever floats your boat is what works best!

glorcour 01-16-2012 06:49 AM

My room is Abingdon Putty one of Benjamin Moore's historic colours and I like it a lot - a bit of yellow in some light but subdued. It certainly is calming and not distracting.

damaquilts 01-16-2012 07:06 AM

I got stuck with the blue that my brother had just painted the room I use for my sewing room. He said teal before I got here and I had this dark blue/greeny color in my mind so was pleasantly surprised with the pale grey/blue it is. It seems to be one of those colors that just acts like a neutral . If I had my choice I would probably gone with pale green or pale yellow. but I got to paint my room green and the bathroom yellow. So I'm good. :-) I tend to like clear colors rather than the duller colors. maybe I got my fill with the "country blue" my ex wanted all through the house.

Difergie 01-16-2012 07:14 AM

I was a painter for years and there is a reason that galleries are painted gray many times. The gray is a neutral and shosw off the colors in paintings true. I, personally, like a soft gray and then let the quilts and fabric do the talking. IMHO

krista 01-16-2012 08:17 AM

I like the lighter shade of purple or a light purplish blue.

Aubrey'sQuiltingCreations 01-16-2012 09:37 AM

My mother just painted one of our old bedrooms to move her sewing room into and she used Behr paint called grey sunset and its such a pretty color. At times it look grey, cream, purple, pink, and rust its soo pretty and is always changing colors. She also used a glaze covering called candlelight shimmer and when the light hits this its like the colors are dancing on the walls. I tried taking pictures but it no way does the effect justice.

sunnymom 01-16-2012 04:08 PM

Any color that makes you happy, for sure! Mine is bright pink! :)

BarbaraSue 01-16-2012 06:25 PM

I have the cream colored walls. But the sun comes in in the afternoon and makes it really glow.

Think about what color you find uplifting/energizing. Get paint swatches and put them up. You'll come to know which is the best for you.
Good Luck.

sewbeadit 01-16-2012 06:43 PM

Mine is a soft pinkish/brownish lite color by sherwin williams too. Very mellow color and doesn't seem to affect my quilt colors. They have paint that has hardly any smell to it and you can paint and stay there and doesn't affect you. Great stuff.