Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilting Room(s) Reorganization

Blog Entries

Quilting Room(s) Reorganization

I posted a few days ago that I want to move all my quilting machines and supplies into two small bedrooms. Well, yesterday my son came over, measured everything and listened to me tell him what I wanted and what I needed. It seems that for the grand sum of $125 he can build me a whole wall of shelves for fabric that will total about 30 linear ft more than what I have right now. On one of the short walls, he is going to hang my roll of batting so that I can pull it down and cut it without crawling on the floor. There will be one more shelf above the batting, and one below the batting, then a cabinet top that will hold my serger, embellisher and light box. The third wall will have the design board, and on the fourth wall between the closet and door will be the table with my ironer and above that a peg board.

This photo shows this small room which is about 9 1/2' x 9 1/2'. A grandson painted the room a dark brown. I am going to paint it a very light blue or eggshell (haven't decided for sure) and my son is going to paint the shelves white. This room doesn't usually look this bad, but, oh well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sounds like a great project - have fun and please show us the during and/or after pictures!

sounds great. would love to see pic of finished rooms

What a great son! Can I adopt him?

You have thought this over very well. Would really love to see when all is done, before you start messing it up haha
    A true quilter is a messy one. If the room is all neat than someone is not working.
    Gods Blessings
    Happy Quilting

Power Poster
    Make sure you post pictures when it's done. What a super son to listen to his mother!

Blog Entries
    I will post as I go. The second room which will not be started for a few months, will be for my quilting table which holds the Juki and a large sewing cabinet which originally held my mom's Bernina but holds my embroidery/sewing machine now. I will also have an 8' folding table, an armoire, a cabinet with all my threads and an ironing board. I hope I can get everything in, I may have to go to smaller tables.

And Darlene, yes I will definitely take photo's before I start a project because I am extremely messy when I cut. I am having to move my things because my granddaughter is expecting a baby in September and in Jan of 2014 I will be caring for her during the day and also my GGS who will be 5 by then. Right now I have no room for a baby and all the things you need for them.

Can't wait to see the results!
    Sheena

Lucky lady.

you have a plan so you are half way there

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast