View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 05:57 AM
pollyjvan9

Default Quilting Room(s) Reorganization

I posted a few days ago that I want to move all my quilting machines and supplies into two small bedrooms. Well, yesterday my son came over, measured everything and listened to me tell him what I wanted and what I needed. It seems that for the grand sum of $125 he can build me a whole wall of shelves for fabric that will total about 30 linear ft more than what I have right now. On one of the short walls, he is going to hang my roll of batting so that I can pull it down and cut it without crawling on the floor. There will be one more shelf above the batting, and one below the batting, then a cabinet top that will hold my serger, embellisher and light box. The third wall will have the design board, and on the fourth wall between the closet and door will be the table with my ironer and above that a peg board.

This photo shows this small room which is about 9 1/2' x 9 1/2'. A grandson painted the room a dark brown. I am going to paint it a very light blue or eggshell (haven't decided for sure) and my son is going to paint the shelves white. This room doesn't usually look this bad, but, oh well.
Attached Thumbnails photo-no-1-quilt-rm-redo-4-23-13.jpg