Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: sewing machine covers

Here are a few different patterns and ideas....

http://thedomesticdiva.wordpress.com...r-the-crafter/
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Thanks, everyone, for all your great ideas and links! One of our members was so kind to send me some directions - talk about awesome people in the group! Now I need to find some fabrics and begin the fun!

I made a simple one from lightweight upholstery fabric. Unfortunately, I can't show a picture and have to make another cause I almost burned down the whole house when I tossed the cover onto the (unwittingly) still plugged in mini-iron. I smelled smoke, but dismissed it until it became absolutely undeniable. Lucky I snatched up the ruined cover before it totally burst into flames. Good thing I used that fabric instead of something more readily flammable.

I have seen adorable covers in some blogs, but I did not want to spend a bunch of time on it, so I just measured the dimensions of the machine and whipped up one. It worked great until its untimely demise.

Here's the one that I made - from either a Simplicity or McCall's pattern - but the pattern had a cat applique so I found a Shih Tzu image online and changed it up some.

Name:  011-sm.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  287.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by beadywoman View Post
    Here's the one that I made - from either a Simplicity or McCall's pattern - but the pattern had a cat applique so I found a Shih Tzu image online and changed it up some.

Name:  011-sm.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  287.9 KB
    Our bichon shih tzu would love this!!!

[QUOTE=gramma nancy;5805812]I made a simple one from lightweight upholstery fabric. Unfortunately, I can't show a picture and have to make another cause I almost burned down the whole house when I tossed the cover onto the (unwittingly) still plugged in mini-iron.

Oh, my! I'm so glad you were there and could deal with it immediately! I'm not so worried about making a cover for my serger etc. but the embroidery machines will be more challenging for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebe2Ten View Post
    I need to make a cover for my Tiara. Chasing Hawk, any chance you could post a picture of the cover you made for your Bailey? Thanks, Betty

Hi Betty,

It's not a good photo of it. It fit better when he was on a frame. He sits recessed into a desk now, so I have to hem his "jacket up.
    I added an opening at the top for the handle and the LED light I clamped on to the top of the machine.
    BTW, that is a cheater quilt piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Senior Member Sarah in Brooklyn's Avatar
    I just made one! I'd sewn together a bunch of scraps, not sure what to do with them, and then realized I had some odds and ends of muslin and batik strips lying around, and I just threw this together. I really love it!

Name:  IMG_0880.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  238.8 KB

Thank you so much for posting the picture. I'm getting some great ideas here -- I love it that everyone is so generous and shares so willingly. Betty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    I've had this bookmarked for a while. . . I think it is adorable!!! http://ellisonlane.blogspot.com/2011...-tutorial.html

When I first started making covers I just measured all sides and free handed a pattern but I have either gotten smarter or lazier..lol..I would like to think its smarter. I have several done as the tutorial.
    To my surprise I don't have a picture saved....I used pre-quilted fabric, used a panel sewn on top of that and made side ties. Easy Peasy.Holler if you want a pic.
    dee fox
    cedar city ut and i am a fabricaholic & i have a few other addictions-scrap booking is right up there w/ fabric

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast