Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sewing machine covers

sewing machine covers

Has anyone made covers for their sewing machines/embroidery machines? I'm just looking for ideas of fabrics used, sewing hints for the covers etc. Many thanks!

Yes I have . I just used regular cotton fabrics, there are plenty of patterns out there and some are free. They are alot of fun to make, and look great to.

Blog Entries
    I've had this bookmarked for a while. . . I think it is adorable!!! http://ellisonlane.blogspot.com/2011...-tutorial.html
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I wish I could remember the one I saw on a blog. It was really nicely done. Saved it somewhere but can't find it. Sorry.i just use a pretty fabric that was a fabric sample from an interior design store.

I've made two so far, one from a pattern (Simplicity 2106).
    The one I made for my Bailey is made from my imagination.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I need to make a cover for my Tiara. Chasing Hawk, any chance you could post a picture of the cover you made for your Bailey? Thanks, Betty

Blog Entries
    look for the craftygemini on youtube. she has lots of quilting videos and in one of them she shows how to make sewing machine covers. looks easy enough.

Check on TipNut for lots of tutorials and instructions. I also got lots of inspiration on Pinterest. It is a lot easier than it sounds and can be very simple or very elaborate. I did the latter using a number of techniques we did in class last year, including DP9 and DP4, some folding techniques, Crumbs, applique and fmq. Will try to post pictures later this week

Blog Entries
    here is one I made. Go to the search and look for 'my sewing machine cover . I tried to post a link but it didn't work.

Blog Entries
    While searching for feffertim's posting I came across one by "cjtinkle" that is fabulous. I would love for her to make covers for my machines. Doubt she would though. I could NEVER make one that looks as great as hers.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

Here are a few different patterns and ideas....

http://thedomesticdiva.wordpress.com...r-the-crafter/
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Thanks, everyone, for all your great ideas and links! One of our members was so kind to send me some directions - talk about awesome people in the group! Now I need to find some fabrics and begin the fun!

I made a simple one from lightweight upholstery fabric. Unfortunately, I can't show a picture and have to make another cause I almost burned down the whole house when I tossed the cover onto the (unwittingly) still plugged in mini-iron. I smelled smoke, but dismissed it until it became absolutely undeniable. Lucky I snatched up the ruined cover before it totally burst into flames. Good thing I used that fabric instead of something more readily flammable.

I have seen adorable covers in some blogs, but I did not want to spend a bunch of time on it, so I just measured the dimensions of the machine and whipped up one. It worked great until its untimely demise.

Here's the one that I made - from either a Simplicity or McCall's pattern - but the pattern had a cat applique so I found a Shih Tzu image online and changed it up some.

Name:  011-sm.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  287.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by beadywoman View Post
    Here's the one that I made - from either a Simplicity or McCall's pattern - but the pattern had a cat applique so I found a Shih Tzu image online and changed it up some.

Name:  011-sm.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  287.9 KB
    Our bichon shih tzu would love this!!!

[QUOTE=gramma nancy;5805812]I made a simple one from lightweight upholstery fabric. Unfortunately, I can't show a picture and have to make another cause I almost burned down the whole house when I tossed the cover onto the (unwittingly) still plugged in mini-iron.

Oh, my! I'm so glad you were there and could deal with it immediately! I'm not so worried about making a cover for my serger etc. but the embroidery machines will be more challenging for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebe2Ten View Post
    I need to make a cover for my Tiara. Chasing Hawk, any chance you could post a picture of the cover you made for your Bailey? Thanks, Betty

Hi Betty,

It's not a good photo of it. It fit better when he was on a frame. He sits recessed into a desk now, so I have to hem his "jacket up.
    I added an opening at the top for the handle and the LED light I clamped on to the top of the machine.
    BTW, that is a cheater quilt piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Senior Member Sarah in Brooklyn's Avatar
    I just made one! I'd sewn together a bunch of scraps, not sure what to do with them, and then realized I had some odds and ends of muslin and batik strips lying around, and I just threw this together. I really love it!

Name:  IMG_0880.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  238.8 KB

Thank you so much for posting the picture. I'm getting some great ideas here -- I love it that everyone is so generous and shares so willingly. Betty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    I've had this bookmarked for a while. . . I think it is adorable!!! http://ellisonlane.blogspot.com/2011...-tutorial.html

When I first started making covers I just measured all sides and free handed a pattern but I have either gotten smarter or lazier..lol..I would like to think its smarter. I have several done as the tutorial.
    To my surprise I don't have a picture saved....I used pre-quilted fabric, used a panel sewn on top of that and made side ties. Easy Peasy.Holler if you want a pic.
    Dee Lowe
    Las Vegas Nv.

Machine Covers I have made

Posting some pictures of covers I made for my Janome MC10001 and also for my sisters machine.

These may give you some ideas.

Machine Cover Pics

Sorry for the small pictures of my cover. I can only find larger ones of the front but will look later and post the back, top and side pictures. I also will take pictures of the cover I made fro my Brother quattro machine and post them later.

Betty

Sewing Machine cover Pics

Pictures of the top of the cover I made for my sister and also the back, top and sides of my cover.

BettyJ

Sewing Machine cover

Sorry, I still missed one side picture. Not sure what happened.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    I was lazy when I got my Pfaff ambition .. LOL I just took some fleece material measured it, sewed it together on the sides (oh and I added my when pigs fly material to it, glued it on!LOL- like I said I was lazy). There I have a cover for "purps" as the grands call the machine. LOL Fits per
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast