Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: sewing machine covers

Betty - I love the embroidery designs you used - really beautiful - nice job. :-)

Marysewfun
    Marysewfun
    Have a great day!

Blog Entries
    Yes. I did make a cover. Now ask me "is it ever on the machine?" nah........
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Lots of patterns out there and alot are free. Main thing is to measure correctly for size of ends and a peice wide enouth to go arouind the ends and to cover the machine. PM me and I can explain better.

Yes, I do; in fact, my first project for a new machine is often a quilted cover. I found a pattern in a library book called "Quilting 101" which turned out to be a bit demanding, but after making a dozen or so, I think I've got it down pat.

The Log Cabin was the first one I made and I followed the directions precisely. Later I changed the blocks to the Spool pattern, the Square in a Square and the Churn Dash. The last one in shades of beige was made for a Bernina 930 and I had to add an extra row of blocks to give it the length it needed to cover the bottom. For one of my machines, I added an opening at the top for a handle. It's been fun making them for my babies and I've even given a few of them away.

Hope this helps.

Dorothy in PA
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Dorothy in PA

Kitchen Aid Mixer Covers

I believe it was Oregon Patchworks I heard that had the pattern of the Kitchen Aid mixer pic to put on your mixer cover. They're out there.

Dee in CA

Quote Originally Posted by tebill View Post
    Has anyone made covers for their sewing machines/embroidery machines? I'm just looking for ideas of fabrics used, sewing hints for the covers etc. Many thanks!
    Dee

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4