Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: sewing machine covers

sewing machine covers

Has anyone made covers for their sewing machines/embroidery machines? I'm just looking for ideas of fabrics used, sewing hints for the covers etc. Many thanks!

Yes I have . I just used regular cotton fabrics, there are plenty of patterns out there and some are free. They are alot of fun to make, and look great to.

Blog Entries
    I've had this bookmarked for a while. . . I think it is adorable!!! http://ellisonlane.blogspot.com/2011...-tutorial.html
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I wish I could remember the one I saw on a blog. It was really nicely done. Saved it somewhere but can't find it. Sorry.i just use a pretty fabric that was a fabric sample from an interior design store.

I've made two so far, one from a pattern (Simplicity 2106).
    The one I made for my Bailey is made from my imagination.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I need to make a cover for my Tiara. Chasing Hawk, any chance you could post a picture of the cover you made for your Bailey? Thanks, Betty

Blog Entries
    look for the craftygemini on youtube. she has lots of quilting videos and in one of them she shows how to make sewing machine covers. looks easy enough.

Check on TipNut for lots of tutorials and instructions. I also got lots of inspiration on Pinterest. It is a lot easier than it sounds and can be very simple or very elaborate. I did the latter using a number of techniques we did in class last year, including DP9 and DP4, some folding techniques, Crumbs, applique and fmq. Will try to post pictures later this week

Blog Entries
    here is one I made. Go to the search and look for 'my sewing machine cover . I tried to post a link but it didn't work.

Blog Entries
    While searching for feffertim's posting I came across one by "cjtinkle" that is fabulous. I would love for her to make covers for my machines. Doubt she would though. I could NEVER make one that looks as great as hers.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast