Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Sewing room carpet floor

Most regular ironing boards have a variety of hights, so just raise or lower it to the size you need it to be, and plug the iron in at the same receptical you plug in your sewing machine. Then you will not need to move too far that you move onto the carpet. Hope it works out for you, lol
    Pauline

Cover the top of an inexpensive wooden TV tray with batting and fabric. You can put it right next to your machine for pressing seams when piecing.

Blog Entries
    Go to an office supply store and they have clear mats that are made to go under your chair. They have little "spikes" on the back to make them stay put on the carpent. I've had mine for about 15 yrs so they really hold up and are only about $30.

Sorry, just read you have this; why not try to get another one that is like one of the ones you already have so it's the same height. Or you could get a large piece of vinyl floor covering.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    Oh, that's too bad. I'm afraid I don't have a solution. At least your chair swivels too! Did you want the carpet in your sewing studio? We have hardwood. I wear thicker winter socks when cold.
    Go forth and sew!

Its best to get up now and then and move your legs and muscles.
    Quilt outside of the box!

I have berber carpet and my chair rolls fine on it.

I also have an office mat for mine. It works pretty good, but I am with you, I would rather have hard wood floor in there.

I also have to get up to iron and cut but consider that a good thing - Otherwise I can hardly walk when I finally move away from the machine after sitting 3 -4 hours in the same position.

I too have my ironing board far enough away from my machine so I have to get up to iron. Exercise is good for us!
    Quote Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn View Post
    I also have carpet in my sewing room and it is hard to move the chair. But I intentionally have my iron board across the room, to make me get up and move. It is not good for us to sit all the time!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4