Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Small apt = Small sewing corner!

If you use Pinterest.com there are lots of ideas on there for organizing small spaces.

Well, the easiest way to organize fabric is to buy only what you need for the project you're working on. Of course, that means you only work on one project at a time - which doesn't happen in my house.

I have a glass door china cabinet (purchased from a thrift store) to store fabric in. It works, but that 'neat' thing - well, it isn't! (It seems I'm not capable of long term neatness.) But I can see the fabric without searching through tubs.

I would hinge your design wall to your door so that it folded maybe 3 times on piano hinges or other double hinges. Just open it out when you wanted to use it, fold it flat against your door when it wasn't in use. If you were using the back of the door for something, you could use the last part of the design wall for whatever you were using the door back for since it would become your new door back.

We are downsizing in the next few years so I am hoping to gather lots of tips before it happens. I have my eye on the Ikea Expediet cubbies.Am planning to start with one. I could put some bins in some of the openings and maybe cover a few with little tension rods and curtains. Good luck!

I hope you got your rolling drawers for Christmas. They are wonderful and hold all those little things that you need to find fast! Everything is in storage right now, but when I get it all together again I am going to put the rubbermaid shelf liner in the drawers to keep it neater.

Wow - lots of good ideas here

May I suggest if you do choose to use plastic containers, CLEAR ones. I like being able to see what is in them without digging thru them all
    Country1
    Country 1

Quote Originally Posted by MTS View Post
    Probably not an option for you, but I love watching this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg9qnWg9kak

And he only had 330 sqft - think of what you can do with the extra 60sqft. ;-)
    Wow, that is so cool. I can't imagine living in such a small space. Guess he hides the toilet next to the bathtub?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3