Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Storing Folded Fabric Question >

Storing Folded Fabric Question

Storing Folded Fabric Question

Old 10-25-2014, 11:32 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Mine is folded on shelves in an enclosed amoire. (stuffed armoire! wish I had not sold its mate when I moved from Austin TX 7 years ago!!)

Small pieces (less than fat quarter-more than 2" square) are stored in clear totes on open shelves in amostly darkened room.

Jan in VA
Old 10-25-2014, 11:19 PM

I bought large pieces of the foam board at the dollar tree and it will cut up into 4 pieces to use for folding and holding your fabric, and I have it in cabinets, by color, like books on a shelf...easy to see what you have and to get it out..the problem I have is it is crowded in there.........and I need to do better on putting the same size pieces together...
Old 10-27-2014, 03:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Alaskasunshine did the QB tutorial on mini bolts. If you can't see it in the 4 pages of Tutorials go to the very bottom of QB and click on the little title Archives. All the Tutorial ever done should be there. I have my stash on mini bolts in my cupboard and they are great.
here is a link to the tutorial
http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...om-t43871.html
Old 11-11-2014, 08:41 AM

My BF has some foamcore board that he purchase for mounting photos onto, and he isn't using it. So I took it to use for my fabric. It may be a solution for folding fabric and have it stiff enough to stand upright like mini bolts and be a cheaper alternative to the comic book boards. I don't know where he got it, or how much he paid for it as we have had it around for a few years. Another alternative that I didn't see mentioned in this thread is matboard. The stuff used to mat photos would be acid free, so it should be okay to put inside our fabric and not harm it. It can be purchased at Michaels or JoAnns, in large sheets, and you can use a coupon for it. I have cut matboard with my rotary cutter before, so it would be easy to cut to the size you need.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:32 AM

I fold my on the comic book boards and then store those in plastic bins based on color..