Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what I've learned

Quote Originally Posted by flybreit View Post
    I have wire shelving in my closet - just laid a piece of the foam board over the shelf and the shelves worked fine. Good luck!
    The shelving works fine its the brackets that get in the way. He used big ones. My darling brother is the type of person that thinks everything should be able to support 500 lbs or more. LOL you should see the screws and shields he used to hang my thread racks. ! The house may blow down but those thread racks will still be attached.

Blog Entries
    Wow, great tips for organizing in this thread.

I am so thankful for your post. We are putting in shelves this weekend. One of my big concerns was the brackets, another is how far apart to put the shelves. The ones I a plan to use are wire mesh 8' x 16" deep. Now I am wondering if a wooden shelf would serve better. Especially if I want to store fabric wrapped around the foam boards.
    I will have three shelves 8' long. I'm wondering how much space do you have between the shelves?
    Thanks again.
    Why sleep when you can quilt.
    Luckydenny

I have learned these same tips; I am "reorganizing"may last organization project. Last time I ended up in two rooms. My goal is one room. I can't find anything!
    Carol

These are my shelves. As you can see the brackets take up a lot of room. I lose at least another basket height because of them.
    I would use solid boards if I were to use the comic books boards. Saves putting something on the wire shelves to keep them from falling through.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

oh and if I had my choice I would have different or no doors on the closets. The sliding doors make it difficult to use some of the space.

I am in the process of moving my sewing room to my third floor, so these are great tips!!! Thanks
    Remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,

but by the moments that take our breath away.

Blog Entries
    For those of you with wire shelves (like me) there is a clear liner made just for the purpose of keeping things from falling thru. I've used it in my closet where I store my sewing notebooks. I've also used plain cardboard pieces that comes in shipping boxes...don't even have to cut it!

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the information... I am in the process of reorganizing my sewing room now... this will be helpful...

Blog Entries
    Sounds like the voice of experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast