Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: what I've learned

I'm getting ready to redo my room/cave/dungeon. I never gave half your tips a thought, especially the one about the containers being straight sided. Thank you!
    This thread should be pinned.

Thank you for the GREAT advice!!! When can you come to New York to help me organize my sewing room?!?!?!?!

You covered, everything!!!!! I made the mistake of buying 18" depth shelving. I have gone from solid tubs to clear or colored opique containers(some do take up space/lids) I would love to use fabric boards!!!! But I can't afford to buy new shelving!! Tinker

Thanks for the tips!
    Penny
    Country 1

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tinker View Post
    You covered, everything!!!!! I made the mistake of buying 18" depth shelving. I have gone from solid tubs to clear or colored opique containers(some do take up space/lids) I would love to use fabric boards!!!! But I can't afford to buy new shelving!! Tinker
    I would get small containers that you can store things in that you don't use all the time, but need a place to store and put those containers in first then the fabric. You can have a container about 9-10 " wide in there and still have room for your fabrics if you want them on the comic boards. Even storing longer boxes if they are the same width. Just make sure you make a note somewhere what is stored behind there so you can find it if needed. I find that is easier for me, then everything is in my room, might have to do some moving to get at it once in a while, but I find never get rid of anything because that is for sure when you are going to need it.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I just reorganized my sewing room and lots of your tips I relate to. Especially the one about stacking containers of often used materials. I have 7 feet high of plastic see-through containers and have to move each one to get down to the one I want. Big mistake! Costly, too.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3