Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What's a Girl To Do With Her Magazines?

What's a Girl To Do With Her Magazines?

Help Please........

I have alot of quilting, sewing, and embroidery magazines and need some ideas on how to store them. Right now they are being stored in a file cabinet in the garage. I also have some stored in boxes. Is there anyone else out there that has the same problem?

You can get magazine boxes, to store them. School libraries use these. Many places carry them, including IKEA.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

I remove what I want from the magazine, put in plastic page protector and keep in 3ring binder. This has cut down on the am't of paper I have to store

I too had oodles of mags stored then I decided to weed them out and to pass the rest on to the library's book sale.

piney

I put my magazines in large binders. I found plastic slides to go in the center of the magazine and the outer edge has holes punched to go in the binder. I got the plastic slides from Keepsake Quilting catalog.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

I had to do that too. I have Quilters Newsletter mags, all the way back to the first one I ever bought in 1975.

Blog Entries
    I used to have loads of magazines too. But , I went thru every single one and found the patterns I really wanted to make , then cut all info out of the mag and placed in in a sheet protector in a binder. Now I list the name of the mag on the spine of the binder and what is inside. Works for me
    Stitching is Meditation in Motion

Blog Entries
    Take out the pages that interest you and put them in a folder. Throw the rest away.
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

I use the magazine boxes. I found the smaller ones work better the ones that hold more than a year's worth are too heavy to move. I bought all of mine at yard sales and thrift stores. Luckily I am not a matchy matchy person. I thought about cutting them up but as a new quilter I want them whole for now.

Power Poster
    I am currently getting rid of all my older magazines. I figure if I haven't cracked them open in 5 years, then I probably don't need them. Who wants to go back to templates anyway? I will be keeping my newer ones and all my Quilters Newsletter Magazines.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast