Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Your Fave Way to Organize >

Your Fave Way to Organize

Your Fave Way to Organize

Old 10-02-2013, 06:20 PM

Wish I could remember the name of the book, but at our local library, in among the quilting books is a book on sewing room storage. Lots of ideas, how to set up and get the most of your space.

Just like in a kitchen you have a work triangle, so you will need one in your sewing room.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by RugosaB View Post
We bought 6 unfinished kitchen cabinets and stacked them3 high. They are obviously not finished ,yet (nor is the floor)
I think we're just going to go all the way to the ceiling with oak
It's in a spot of the house where 'something' was needed - what could be better than fabric storage?

Where did you get them? Do they make them prefinished?

I have 7 bookcases. The colors are stored together. The multicolor are stored by style. Solids are another group.[ATTACH=CONFIG]439471[/ATTACH]
I'm thinking I'd like doors on them.
Attached Thumbnails south-wall-fabric1.jpg  
Old 10-03-2013, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Where did you get them? Do they make them prefinished?
I just asked my husband, and neither of us can remember, Lowe's or Home Depot. If you wanted some finished, any company that sells kitchen cabinets would have them, in many styles.
I have to say it's been fun seeing the positive responses to my idea. My husband STILL thinks it's a dumb idea, but did it because I have my ways of getting what I want, though he does think I'm a bit crazy. Now, he thinks you are too!

Love how all your fabric is so....neat. One thing about doors, I can just close them. Out of sight, out of mind
Old 10-15-2013, 03:06 AM

When we remodeled our kitchen, we used TOP kitchen cabinets on the bottom in order to fit the narrow wall in a couple of areas. (There is a pantry door to the right) If I was dreaming of a sewing room re-do with kitchen cabinets, I would use TOP wall cabinets as the base cabinets. They take up less floor space and you really dont need the standard depth unless you plan on using a standard size counter top as a cutting area. If that was the case, then I would decide how long the cutting area would be and just "bump" that length out using standard base cabinets fir the cutting area. I find when there is too much depth for storage, it takes up too much floor space. The countertop can be customized to fit the various depths. Hmmmm....now to convince my hubby to get busy! LOL!

Sandy

Last edited by Sandygirl; 10-15-2013 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Posting picture