Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Discount quilt fabric in KS?

I'm staying all week in DeSoto KS (a little Southwest of Kansas City) and was wondering if anybody knew any good quilt fabric places that are discount priced. Have found 3 great quilt shops - in Lawrence and surrounding towns, but they are premium priced. Anybody from the area know any good shopping places? The quilt shop people usually don't tell you. Today I got a map of last year's shop hop map and went to some of those. Any suggestions? Thanks.

GARNETT, KS HAS A VERY GOOD ONE. ALMOST ALL FABRIC IS

LESSRHAN 5 DOLLARS A YARD.

I looked that town up on the map. It is a little over an hour from here but would make the trip just for something to do (hubby shooting in a big rifle match and me in a camper), but I need to know the name of the place. Thanks. Teresa

Blog Entries
    Don't know how far you are from Overland Park, but there's a fabric store there with the best cottons at a reasonable price. The name of the store is: Addadi's and it's near the main Overland Park Library, not far off the freeway. He's also online: Addadisfabrics.com and I believe there are directions. Have fun!!

Well, when I was coming back from KS City to the gun range yesterday, I put "fabric" into my Garmin GPS and it came up with Adidis and I went. Funny, none of the fabric stores in the area told me about him when I asked about other places. I got some neat Free Spirit pieces among others and the fella was really nice. A Jew from Israel. Prices were great! Thanks. Teresa

Blog Entries
    Glad you found it. Don't know why the stores wouldn't tell you about him, unless it's the fact that his prices are lower than theirs!! lol I love going there!! His name is Jacob and his wife is Mary...both lovely people.